Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2015, 05:21 PM

Default Re: Strike, Transfuser, Velvet 2.07 Updates here – don’t install Structure 2.07 yet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
I get a panic attack everytime I see a new AIR update since we never get the full story (which is really hard to grasp)
and when released the links go wrong and missing stuff so we are staying put at 2.0.5
Very wise! :)

FWIW, the new 2.0.7 Strike installer is doing exactly the same as the 2.0.6. It looks to a network drive (even if that's C:) for the content. I even tried editing the registry to fix it, to no avail.

Shifting Sands Audio
www.shiftingsandsaudio.com
soundcloud.com/shiftingsands

Asus X79 Deluxe | i7 4930K @ 4.1 | 32Gb Ripjaws CL9 GBLZ | Radeon R5 230 | Win7 Pro (64) | 256Gb Samsung 850 SSD | 2x 1Tb Seagate SATA | 250Gb Samsung EVO SSD | 128 Samsung SSD | Antec 650W | ProTools 11.3.2HD, 10.3.9HD, 12.5 | Cubase 9.0.20 Pro | Nuendo 8 | Studio One 3.2 Pro | RME UFX | 2x Octopre Mkii Dynamic | Alphatrack | DTouch | Logitech G510 | Kensington Trackball | Yamaha UX256
Old 11-11-2015, 06:24 AM

Default Re: Strike, Transfuser, Velvet 2.07 Updates here – don’t install Structure 2.07 yet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkJE View Post
If you already have an earlier version installed, just install the (small) Update on top of it.
Ok. That's what I thought. The update isn't new content with respect to drum samples and such. Just updates to the instrument itself.

Old 11-11-2015, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
I get a panic attack everytime I see a new AIR update since we never get the full story (which is really hard to grasp)
and when released the links go wrong and missing stuff so we are staying put at 2.0.5
Can't say as I blame you. AIR seems to have trouble getting the little things right. You saw my adventure trying to just install a simple expansion pack for Vacuum Pro. Even after upgrading to VP 2.0.7 the expansion won't install. AIR doesn't provide clarity about their updates. And try finding your AIR account info on their webpage. Every other 3rd party developer I've used allows you a simple login to your account with them and you can readily see everything you own, current versions, etc. With AIR there's no readily visible means to login to your account if you're a registered user. Its stuff like that that makes me want to just throw in the towel with them. If it wasn't for Transfuser...I probably would.

Old 11-11-2015, 08:01 AM

I have also always been wondering where are my updates. And once I order the email, those links are older than what I already own. Not Kosher!
Old 11-13-2015, 06:53 AM

You are absolutely right! Bad customer support equals only bad business. This could really only be because of arrogance or stupitity. If there's another possible reason I would love to hear it.
Old 11-13-2015, 07:02 AM

Is there a list of what improvements/fixes/ etc are part of the new updates? I tried to find them on the website..but didn't see that anywhere.

Old 11-14-2015, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldM View Post
Is there a list of what improvements/fixes/ etc are part of the new updates? I tried to find them on the website..but didn't see that anywhere.
Fixes in 2.0.6

* Strike: Events exported on Instrument Channel 11 (and probably 12) do not play in Strike and have unusual note lengths
* Strike: MIDI Performance Export Data gets more and more out of time
* Structure: Selecting new part zones results zone params not editable
* Structure WIN: Deleting SymLinks ("Shortcuts") deletes the actual folders (NTFS only)
* Assigning smart knob automation on channel 16 in structure produces crash
* Transfuser Full 2.0.5 rev 4 Installer fails while installing content
* Installer: Velvet Full Installer fails to update from 2.0.4 to 2.0.5
* Installer OSX: Xpand!2 2.2.5 installer installes old Authorizer app
* AIR VIs with duplicate presets do not load presets correctly in Akai Advance VIP
* Structure convolution reverb FX part presets broken
* All AIR plugins resize host window on scan or on add if HiDPI is set (Win)
* Structure (OSX): Crash when importing .exs or .nki patches
* OSX32 Transfuser: Focus stolen when clicking into any SEQ modules event editor
* Transfuser: Soloed track not kept solo at session restore
* Offline bouncing not working correct for Structure
* Vacuum Pro: Pitch Bend Range changed when loading preset (needs to be a session param)
* All AIR VIs: Session param handling in Akai Advance VIP
* Moving Akai Advance VIP in PT to another instrument track insert leads to crash
* UI artifacts during resize in Bitwig (Mac OS 32 bit)
* Hybrid browser scroll stops working after switching focus to DAW area
* Hybrid - Bug in user presets with imported phrase
* Structure browser scroll stops working after switching focus to DAW area
* Structure doesn't find sine.wav if loaded in Akai Advance VIP
* Structure VST AU: Pro Tools message in VST version of Structure
* Akai Advance VIP in Logic crash with Hybrid & Loom without presets
* Strike VST: Kit sample quality is not stored in session parameters.

Fixes in 2.0.7

* INSTALLER: Resolve .NET dependency to fix failing installation with error 0x80070643 (Required restart pending)
* Knob value does not persist between setlist patch selection in Akai Advance VIP
* Strike Installer: Fixed PACE conflict that made uninstallation of iLok License Manager necessary prior to installing Strike
* DB-33 and Mini Grand are missing the Plugin Icon picture in Akai Advance VIP
* Transfuser can't be manually resized inside Akai Advance VIP
* DB-33 name in Akai Advance VIP missing "-"
* Manufacturer string is "AirMusicTech" - should be "AIR Music Technology"
Pro Tools Studio 2024.3 * SSL UC-1 * Digidesign Command 8 * TECH 21 SansAmp 2.0 * Xvive U3 2.4Ghz Wireless Microphone * Shure SM57 & Rode NT2-A * Fender 30 & Champ 12 valve amps * M-Audio Axiom Pro 49 * PreSonus Speakers & Monitor Station V2 * Lenovo W520 laptop Type 427637U (32 GB RAM) with extra-Ports Dock + SSDs: 2 @ Samsung T5 + 1 @ Samsung T7 * 3 Screens: 15.6” Laptop + 24” BENQ GL2450-B + Samsung 27” CT550 curved Monitor * best Wife!
Old 11-20-2015, 02:56 PM

OK! I've about had it with AIR

Once again the 2.0.7 Strike installer is deleting the Strike Library! It even says the "Installation was Successful" I guess we have different markers for what we call 'successful' because this ain't it

Also, now the Structure 2.0.7 update is deleting the Structure Content....

So, I'm almost done with AIR. They really need to get their stuff together, this is an embarrassment.

Back to 2.0.5 for Strike and 2.0.6 for Structure. I'm not trusting any further updates from them. /rant

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 11-20-2015, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoni View Post
OK! I've about had it with AIR

Once again the 2.0.7 Strike installer is deleting the Strike Library! It even says the "Installation was Successful" I guess we have different markers for what we call 'successful' because this ain't it

Also, now the Structure 2.0.7 update is deleting the Structure Content....

So, I'm almost done with AIR. They really need to get their stuff together, this is an embarrassment.

Back to 2.0.5 for Strike and 2.0.6 for Structure. I'm not trusting any further updates from them. /rant
I think you were entitled to that rant, Brian. You're right, that is just inexcusable!

Old 11-20-2015, 05:51 PM

I'm on 2.0.6.18983

I didn't really use the plugs a lot but I have opened structure and strike and didn't get anything about no content...

I even have my content stored on a Sample Library drive so not in the default place.

tomorrow ill have a look around them a bit more...

Are you saying the entire content files are gone? cause mine are not.

mac osx as shown below.

System
MacPro 12 Core • 24 G Ram • 10.12.6
PT 12.8.1 • Mbox 3 Pro • Plug-ins Verified
4 HD • OS ssd | Audio ssd | Sample Library ssd | Storage
MAXPower eSATA 6G Card • Wiebetech RTX100H-Q
Kensington Trackball Works/Orbit Optical
Bluetooth off/Airport on and off.