Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-06-2002, 09:33 PM

Default have a session in the morning..HELP!!

i am having a serious problem folks hope you can help me..
i have been experimenting with using the LE as a sequencer and starting last night it wonmt recognize my tracks in record mode...
basically what i was doing before was doing what i had to do on the triton or the mpc2000
then plugging in the triton into m/l 1 and the mpc into m/l 2 i would arm the tracks in protools hit the rec button on the mixer for both tracks start the tritonb and the mpc and just hit the spacebar on protools and was ready to go..i would get the waveform coming out for each track and be able to hear it at the same time...now i dont hear anything once i hit the spacebar or see the waveform coming up in prottools...i can hear the triton while the tracks is armed in record mode but once i actually start recording the marker moves but doesnt print out a track and i dont hear anything....HELP!!!!!!!
--------------------
M.O.B.
Old 05-07-2002, 08:25 AM
Avid

Default Re: have a session in the morning..HELP!!

-Do you have any success when you choose "Input Only Monitoring" from the Operations menu?

Brent
Old 05-07-2002, 09:05 AM

while your not recording you might not hear anything.

In my setup, all my sequences have auxilliary tracks (stereo) with the correct input socming from the synths. That way they playback all the time even when not recording.

you can achieve the same thing with the correct "monitoring" setup, but this is simpler for me to understand.
Old 05-07-2002, 10:17 AM

yes i tried input only monitoring...doesnt help....i only hear the track when its armed in rec mode..but when i actually hit the spacebar to record..i hear nothing anymore...and i get no wavform in the edit window at alll..help
HELP I HAVE A SESSION IN A LITTLE WHILE
Old 05-07-2002, 07:50 PM

Are you hitting Command+Spacebar to start recording?