Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Tips & Tricks

Old 11-14-2017, 08:20 PM

Default Do you have multiple pairs of Earbuds?

Do you agree with the premise that all producers should have multiple types of earbuds in their toolbox? Do Apple Earbuds absolutely have to be apart of the production process for sound tests and quality assurance?

Are there any other headphones you absolutely need sign off from before shipping off a final product?

Check out this headphones article for further reading.
Old 11-14-2017, 08:34 PM

Default Re: Do you have multiple pairs of Earbuds?

If you are trolling here for clicks on your article/website you could maybe clearly identify that is what you are doing. Yes you provide that link in your post signature but it's not really clear that is what you are doing until after people click on both links.

I'd personally rather vendors and others not use DUC for these spammy purposes. And I'd hope it is against the commercial solicitation stuff in the terms of use, I'll leave that up to Jeffro and others to decide.
Old 11-15-2017, 04:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
If you are trolling here for clicks on your article/website you could maybe clearly identify that is what you are doing. Yes you provide that link in your post signature but it's not really clear that is what you are doing until after people click on both links.

I'd personally rather vendors and others not use DUC for these spammy purposes. And I'd hope it is against the commercial solicitation stuff in the terms of use, I'll leave that up to Jeffro and others to decide.
I've looked at some of his other posts and yes - they're mostly spam/commercial solicitation.

QAPLA!
Old 11-15-2017, 10:39 AM

We've spent ~3 days creating multiple headphone guides and all the content is written by an actual audio engineer. We also routinely create and release free tutorial videos to the community and have been doing so for 6 years.

Its a legit question from an interesting point that was brought up. We link to our pages periodically, but we do not go overboard with it. If this is against the terms, that's understandable, however this account does have history, and is not solely for commercial use.
Old 11-15-2017, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by primorudy View Post
We've spent ~3 days creating multiple headphone guides and all the content is written by an actual audio engineer. We also routinely create and release free tutorial videos to the community and have been doing so for 6 years.

Its a legit question from an interesting point that was brought up. We link to our pages periodically, but we do not go overboard with it. If this is against the terms, that's understandable, however this account does have history, and is not solely for commercial use.
The majority of your account is nothing but commercial spam with a smattering of real PT/audio related material.

QAPLA!
Old 11-15-2017, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by primorudy View Post

Seriously? It looks like somebody spent a couple of hours collecting Amazon affiliate links trying to make a little off flogging headphones via spamming DUC. This article reek of clickbait, with no insight of any real value.
Old 11-15-2017, 08:17 PM

Trolling or not, the answer is simple; yes, one size doesn't fit all. I have one pair of open headphones (Sennheiser HD 650) and one pair of closed headphones (Sennheiser HD 280), then one pair of in-ears (Share SE215) and today you absolutely must also have a pair of Apple iPhone earbuds.

So there you go.
Old 11-16-2017, 04:02 AM

Earbuds as in iPhone type or any kind of in-ear device is a problem for me as I'm a prodigious producer of earwax and no matter how well I treat my ears using one of those gadgets tends to pack the wax in. Sometimes to the point I have to go to the doctor and get my ears syringed. No fun & can be painful.

Given that - how can I mix for them? The only options I know of are McDSP Futzbox or possibly Audio Ease Speakerphone. Don't want to spend money on something that might not help. Now if somebody did an ir I could plug into a convolution reverb that'd be a way.

QAPLA!
Old 11-19-2017, 09:26 PM

One could get sonarwork’s reference 4 for headphones and be able to listen to different kind of monitor set up, car, dirtbox etc on their calibrated headphones.

As part of the Community term of use which you should have read Primorudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=169558
You also will not post any advertising, surveys, promotional materials, contests, or any other form of solicitation except in areas specifically designated for such purposes.

Wave-T.com