Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12

Old 05-07-2016, 09:52 PM

Default Anyone I'm In Solo Mode How Do I Stop Hearing Other Tracks Bleeding Thru?

Can you please tell me what do I do to get other tracks to stop bleeding thru when I have a track in solo mode?

And no I don't have the command in solo-safe either.

Thanks
Old 05-07-2016, 09:59 PM

Default Re: Anyone I'm In Solo Mode How Do I Stop Hearing Other Tracks Bleeding Thru?

Not much info here to go on. What interface? is this during tracking? mixing? What exactly is recorded on the track you are soloing? How was it recorded?

If this is all during playback other tracks will *not* bleed thought if you have a track soloed. If you are hearing stuff then it is likely already bled through when you recorded that track.

Or if this is during tracking then maybe you have hardware monitoring or partial hardware monitoring set up. Again, how exactly are you monitoring during tracking? On what interface?
Old 05-07-2016, 10:08 PM

Default Re: Anyone I'm In Solo Mode How Do I Stop Hearing Other Tracks Bleeding Thru?

Did you by any chance record something through a mike, while playing the track through speakers? Did you record a vocal with headphones that 'leaked'?
EVGA GTX 950 2G graphics card
250GB Samsung 850 EVO SSDrive
HGST 2TB 7200rpm hard drive
ASUS X-99 A motherboard
32GB DDR4 "Vengeance' RAM
Corsair RM650i power
Water cooling
TT "Suppressor" case, etc
Firewire card, etc.
WINDOWS 10
Pro Tools 12.5
Reason 8.3.2
Waves Gold bundle
Digi 003 with updated drivers
UA LA-610
Furman power conditioner
KRK VXT6 monitors
Various Korg keyboards
Many many guitars, basses, amps, pedals, etc.
Old 05-07-2016, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
Not much info here to go on. What interface? is this during tracking? mixing? What exactly is recorded on the track you are soloing? How was it recorded?

If this is all during playback other tracks will *not* bleed thought if you have a track soloed. If you are hearing stuff then it is likely already bled through when you recorded that track.

Or if this is during tracking then maybe you have hardware monitoring or partial hardware monitoring set up. Again, how exactly are you monitoring during tracking? On what interface?

Hi

No I am tracking thru Orion Studio using my mic and when I mute the track thats coming thru loud I don't hear it anymore. It' only when I put the tack in solo mode I hear two other tracks coming thru. This can't be right?

Thanks
Old 05-08-2016, 12:13 AM

No what?

Again, not enough info here. We cannot guess what you are doing.

just what are you doing at a high level? Trying to record what exactly? (e.g. single vocalist with headphone for cue/monitoring, singing to a prerecorded guitar and drum audio tracks). Monitoring how? Is all hardware monitoring disabled in the interface? Using speakers/monitors? Headphones? Made sure all unused headphones and mics are disconnected?

When you mute what track that is "coming through loud" that is the mic audio track that the performer is singing into?
is there anything prerecorded on that track you are recording over? (if so the bleed may be there already, try deleting that first).

What are the "two other tracks" are they being tracked as well or prerecorded and just playing back? What are all these tracks? Audio? VI? what exavtly? If these are multiple live tracks being tracked/recorded live then the explanation may be as simple as bleed through on a monitoring headphone or similar.

This is not going to be a bug in Pro Tools, it's something you are doing, so the clearer description will help folks here spot that.
Old 05-08-2016, 12:15 AM

I'm guessing you have another track, or tracks in solo safe mode. Or, maybe if you have auxes with effects on them the are set to pre fader... might be worth looking into that.

Hard to say without more info but I've experienced this before and that was the problem.

Rosco
Old 05-08-2016, 07:47 AM

could you be in AFL ??? after fader listen ... since there is no system info this is my guess !!!!

Macbook Pro july 2014 2.5ghz 16gb ram 512gb SSD - OS11.6.5 - PT 2021.3
Logic Pro X 10.7.4
RME BabyFace Pro
Old 05-09-2016, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosco1969 View Post
I'm guessing you have another track, or tracks in solo safe mode. Or, maybe if you have auxes with effects on them the are set to pre fader... might be worth looking into that.

Hard to say without more info but I've experienced this before and that was the problem.

Rosco
Hi

I have my system detail in any wants to click on system info?
but I post this a Mackbook Pro Processor 2.8 i7
AMD Radeon 16 gigs MhZ DDR3
Pro Tools 12.5

I do have AUX tracks set up but they look normal o e ho do i know if they are set to pre fader?

Thank you
Old 05-10-2016, 12:40 AM

Take a screenshot of your mixer page so we can see exactly what's going on.
Old 05-10-2016, 03:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanrock View Post
Hi

I have my system detail in any wants to click on system info?
but I post this a Mackbook Pro Processor 2.8 i7
AMD Radeon 16 gigs MhZ DDR3
Pro Tools 12.5

I do have AUX tracks set up but they look normal o e ho do i know if they are set to pre fader?

Thank you
Are you running any sort of "mixer" app specific to your interface simultaneously with PT?

Mixing and Mastering click here to get started.