Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12

Old 10-10-2017, 02:45 AM

Default Roland Quad Capture Can't change sample rate

Good day guys

Having some (Probably easy to fix) issues with changing the sample rate on my quad capture.

The software that comes with the Audio interface has a drop down, but only 44.1 is an option to select. which mean when i open a pro tools(12.5.2) session that is not 44.1 it gives me an error saying the current playback engine does not support 48khz or whatever it may be.

IM aware of trying to change the sample rate in the playback settings of "Playback Devices" again there is only 2 options for 44.1 16bit and 44.1 24bit

I'm on a PC and i heard somewhere that ASIO4ALL is sometimes needed? i've both used it and uninstalled it with no success

Long story short i want my interface to auto switch the the required sample rate of the session im working in especially if i cant even manually change it before opening the session

Thanks in advance

PC
CPU 6700k Quad core I7
16Gigs DDR4 RAM
MSI GTX 960
ROLAND QUAD CAPTURE
MACKIE HR824 MK1
Old 10-10-2017, 05:59 AM

Default Re: Roland Quad Capture Can't change sample rate

You do not need ASIO4ALL. The Quad Capture comes with its own ASIO driver and that is what you will want to use.

It sounds like Windows is using your interface as the main audio device, which is keeping you from changing sample rates and using it successfully with Pro Tools. You will need to go into Windows Playback Devices and tell Windows not to use the Quad Capture for audio.

After disabling the Quad Capture as a Windows Playback device, reboot the PC.
After the reboot, open Windows Control Panel and run the Quad Capture settings app. This is where you will want to set the sample rate.

Once set to 48Khz you can open Pro Tools and should have no issue with your sessions.

System Details
Old 10-10-2017, 06:20 AM

Firstly, honestly impressed with this forum.
Secondly everything works wonderfully, Apart from one thing and i don't know if it is possible, but i feel like an auto sample rate switch should be possible.

So as i open a session, no matter the sample rate it should just auto switch and open, however it does not do this.
Old 10-10-2017, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewLloydYeo View Post
Secondly everything works wonderfully, Apart from one thing and i don't know if it is possible, but i feel like an auto sample rate switch should be possible.

So as i open a session, no matter the sample rate it should just auto switch and open, however it does not do this.
Agreed, and some DAWs do this, but unfortunately Pro Tools doesn't.

Glad you were able to get things working.

System Details
Old 10-10-2017, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewLloydYeo View Post

It's not Pro Tools, it's the interface's drivers. I have an RME UFX and it does automatically switch sample rates to whatever the session is at that I open. Some other third party interfaces' drivers do not do this, some do. That said, I cannot change the Buffer Size in Pro Tools, that I have to do in the UFX's software, although PT does warn me about this if I first try to change the Buffer size in PT.
Source-Connect: brucehayward
Old 12-08-2017, 06:08 PM

I have had the same problem for the last week. It was driving me nuts. I finally found the solution, and I wanted to share it with you.

With the quad capture, you can't have listen to this device enabled in Windows.

Go to settings, sound settings, recording, 1-2 quad-capture, properties, listen (tab), uncheck the listen to this device. Done. You should freely be able to choose your sample rate at this point.