How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12

Old 12-08-2017, 06:31 PM

Default Re: Cpu usage problem with 1 track

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
He should be able to have any number of GB cache without having these problems. Something is amiss here and I still think it is a plugin issue.
Respectfully, running an 8 GB machine with only 5 GB available for system tasks would seem to be problematic. Note that the published spec is now 16 GB, 32 GB or greater recommended.

Sure, it could be a plugin. The OP should eliminate that as a possibility using the usual method (everything to "Unused Plugins" folder, add back a few at a time after rebooting, etc).

The question of what system drive is in the 13" MacBook has not been answered. If it's a 5400 rpm spinning drive, that would certainly be an impediment.

Further, I just checked the hardware specs for 12 Vanilla and they don't even mention MacBooks.... "Pros" and "Airs", but not plain "MacBooks".
Old 12-09-2017, 05:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
He should be able to have any number of GB cache without having these problems. Something is amiss here and I still think it is a plugin issue.
And right you are, I put them in unused and now it is working. Though it would be enough to simply not use the plug-ins but apparently not. I'll start the process of finding which one it was now. Stort tack!

Btw I should have written Macbook Pro and yes, 3 Gb is crazy overkill but I just wanted to make sure that Normal wasn't causing the problem since I have seen a couple of threads suggesting a fixed size instead of Normal.
Old 12-09-2017, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by why_vincent View Post
And right you are, I put them in unused and now it is working. Though it would be enough to simply not use the plug-ins but apparently not. I'll start the process of finding which one it was now. Stort tack!

Btw I should have written Macbook Pro and yes, 3 Gb is crazy overkill but I just wanted to make sure that Normal wasn't causing the problem since I have seen a couple of threads suggesting a fixed size instead of Normal.
ah, we did not have all the info up front .. thank you for adding that .. this happens a lot that we can go in the wrong direction due to lack of information ..

please post back when you find what plugin that was NOT being used BUT stil in your PLugins Folder .. this i see as an issue with PT - plugins causing issues when just IN YOur Plugins Folder !! this needs to be documented and addressed ..

thank you john
lynx AES16e-SRC & Aurora 16
Artist Transport & iPad - Pro |Control - EuCon 3.7 (older Euphonix Branded MC Transport)