Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS

Old 05-31-2012, 08:57 PM

Default Any problem with Pro Tools 10 running Apple's Bootcamp?

Hello,

I work for a school and I have a technical question that I need to get some information on.

We about to upgrade some of the classroom workstations to Mac Pro 8 core systems with the following specs:

Two 2.4 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon
8GB RAM
1TB 7200-rpm Serial ATA 3Gb/
ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB Graphics Card

I want to run Dual boot systems with Windows 7 & Mac OS X 10.7 using Boot Camp. Running each OS on a separate drive. I have been told that installing dual OS on Mac Pro systems will cause problems with Pro Tools 10.

Is it possible to run Pro-Tools 10 w/ MBox on a dual boot system with this configuration and does anyone know if this is a stable environment? Is there anyone having any issues?

Thank you!
Old 05-31-2012, 09:20 PM

Default Re: Any problem with Pro Tools 10 running Apple's Bootcamp?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rreeves View Post

I want to run Dual boot systems with Windows 7 & Mac OS X 10.7 using Boot Camp. Running each OS on a separate drive. I have been told that installing dual OS on Mac Pro systems will cause problems with Pro Tools 10.
Who said this and what kind of problems?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rreeves View Post
Is it possible to run Pro-Tools 10 w/ MBox on a dual boot system with this configuration and does anyone know if this is a stable environment? Is there anyone having any issues?

Thank you!
I cant speak for the Mbox, but I run PT HD Native and PT vanilla in W7 64 and a Mac Pro 1,1. It's been flawless. On this old Mac Pro, Apple made sure a 64-bit OS wouldn't run on this system, but I got it going. What Mac Pro version are you using? That said, why not use OSX? Also, as a side note, Avid offers no support for PT in Windows on a Mac Pro. You'll be on your own if issues come up. I'd only recommend it for the knowledgeable PC users. Welcome to the forum.

Shane

Give your plug-ins a facelift...and skin 'em!

"Music should be performed by the musician, not by the engineer."

Michael Wagener 25th July 2005, 02:59 PM

Pro Tools|HD Native 9.0.1 | Pro Tools|HDX 10.2 | Studio One | REAPER 4.22 | HD OMNI | HoboMac Pro 2.26Ghz Quad-Core | W7 Ultimate 64-bit