Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 02-05-2011, 06:29 PM

Default routing correctly, but no audio

this is very strange. let me explain.

i use roland vdrums to record all of my drums as MIDI data. once the midi data is recorded, i then play the data into the DrumCore plugin for better sounds. typically what i do is i record each drum sound out of Drumcore onto it's own dedicated audio track for mixing flexibility and control. routing is simple- on the "instrument" channel that i have the Drumcore plugin assigned to, i simplay set the output to "bus 1&2", and then set the audio track that is being recorded to, to either bus input 1 or 2. i've been doing it this way successfully for a long time.

now, for some reason, when i set up the bus routing as explained above- i get NO AUDIO! even though i never touched my I/O settings, i checked them anyway and they're fine. could this session just be "buggy". i've cross checked my session setup against other sessions that work perfectly, and they're identical. i just don't get it. anyone? btw- just to be clear, this is NOT a midi or rewire issue as i can get the midi track to play Drumcore no problem. the problems start when i try to bus the Drumcore track out to a receiving audio track for recording.