Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS

Old 01-31-2011, 07:14 PM

Default Digi (Thought it was AVID) CoreAudio Manager - Is having a mind of its own

Hi,

Sometimes it works right after I do a restart. But most times, I can pick it as source in the Sound System Preferences of OS X. While I pick it, NOTHING happens. And NOTHING will play through it. And it AINT launching...

Ever since that thing got introduced with OS X it has been the buggiest piece of software EVER written for any platform.

I have of course DELETED all deleteable preferences etc etc etc. But no change. And I dont think that an incompatible plug-in is to blame.

Are anyone having ANY RELIABLE success with this creature.. If SO please tell me how to get it...

I am having the problems on my 003 (LE) system running PT HD 9.0.1.
All drivers UPDATED according to AVID's AVID Digi CoreAudio Manager (What a name)
Old 02-01-2011, 08:40 PM

Default Re: Digi (Thought it was AVID) CoreAudio Manager - Is having a mind of its own

Tried again on a different system. Same problem....

AVID - It would be nice if you would take better care of your software before releasing it...

Afterall, it HAS been a while since you wrote the CoreAudio Manager... Perhaps by now you should have made it work. Or perhaps fire the guy programming it.... Just a thought !!!

If some person aint capable of delivering a decent mix in a studio... WEll that someone WONT have a job....
Old 02-02-2011, 09:30 AM
Avid

Default Re: Digi (Thought it was AVID) CoreAudio Manager - Is having a mind of its own

After you quit Pro Tools, are you launching Core Audio Manager and making sure it shows 'Connected' before launching the application you want to use with your 003?

If not - try it and let me know what happens.
Old 02-02-2011, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
After you quit Pro Tools, are you launching Core Audio Manager and making sure it shows 'Connected' before launching the application you want to use with your 003?

If not - try it and let me know what happens.
Hi DTS,

thanks for coming in.

When I reboot the Mac, I enter Sys Pref and select Digidesign HW, then I launch iTunes and play a song THRU the 003.

Then I quit.

Then I boot PT and work there for an hour. Then I quit PT and repeat above. NO success. The digi core audio manager when wont open and no sound passes via 003.

If I go to sys pref and select digi HW and close sys pref then enter again Digi HW is NOT select no more...
Old 02-02-2011, 04:47 PM

Seems like a reboot is necessary after using PT. Sometimes Digi's C.A.M. does work for other apps before running PT, sometimes not? Never consistent....10.6.3
10.12.6, PT12.8.
Old 02-02-2011, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundboy35 View Post
Seems like a reboot is necessary after using PT. Sometimes Digi's C.A.M. does work for other apps before running PT, sometimes not? Never consistent....10.6.3
Exactly,

I can remember having those problems ever since its introduction !
Pretty weird that aren't fixing it. It is truly beyond my comprehension, why anyone would keep on releasing something that isn't working fully. AVID is reading their forums and if you go back through the years you will find post about this very topic all over the place. Still AVID doesn't fix. If it was my software I would be totally ashamed of myself for not being able to please my clients.

But hey, it is always the WRONG people who are ashamed. They ones that should be aren't !!! Love this world where companies keep releasing BUGGY S-Ware --- JUST BECAUSE THEY CAN.

I hope the future will hold a million law suits for intentionally releasing buggy software. Something like McD's getting sued for making the coffee too hot. That would sure put some strain on the code writers. And all those K N O W N bugs would finally disappear.

If/when I make it and stand up to receive an award. I wont be thanking god. I'll be pleading to software makers to PLEASE refrain from releasing code that they know is buggy...

All this bug-shid is going TO FAR !!!!!

Not saying a software cannot have accidental bugs here and there. That is normal. But PT 9 in general contains most bugs REPORTED ALREADY from version 7 & 8.... They just dont care to fix them although they KNOW EXACTLY which they are......
Old 02-02-2011, 09:55 PM

Quote:
I wont be thanking god. I'll be pleading to software makers to PLEASE refrain from releasing code that they know is buggy...
That would rule!

I thought this got fixed in 7.4.x where you could toggle the sound prefs output between Digi and internal and it worked, but apparently not anymore....bummer. What's the deal here?
BUT, I'm using the Aux in on the 003r for my stereo/surround receiver and the Mac doesn't even have to be on, which is great...just saying.
10.12.6, PT12.8.
Old 02-03-2011, 10:33 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by 25ghosts View Post
Hi DTS,

thanks for coming in.

When I reboot the Mac, I enter Sys Pref and select Digidesign HW, then I launch iTunes and play a song THRU the 003.

Then I quit.

Then I boot PT and work there for an hour. Then I quit PT and repeat above. NO success. The digi core audio manager when wont open and no sound passes via 003.

If I go to sys pref and select digi HW and close sys pref then enter again Digi HW is NOT select no more...
After you quit Pro Tools and try to launch CAM - you say it won't open, but what happens, exactly? Does it post an error or something else?
Old 02-03-2011, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
After you quit Pro Tools and try to launch CAM - you say it won't open, but what happens, exactly? Does it post an error or something else?
Sorry bad word choice,,,

I meant to say;

It WILL open but WONT pass ANY audio from any clients. Nor will it display that any clients are attached....

I have had NOTHING but trouble with this thing.... And I find it shameful that WE users have to keep reporting the SAME problems ALL THE TIME....

PT 6 Bugs = PT 7 Bugs = PT 8 Bugs = PT 9 Bugs........

Arent you guys in possession of self esteem.....are you really NOT able to distinguish YOUR code from GOOD or BAD....

If I would not RELY on your code.... I WOULD be refusing to talk to you in a bar discarding you as a nobody..... dismissing you as if you were someone trying to poison my life...
My days writing on this forum are counted(waste of good time FILLED with EMPTY promises; sole aim: To keep the horde quiet refraining from uprising)....... so are my days of using incomplete software....

My public opinion WILL reflect THIS .... as will it REFLECT those my artists'.........

highest priority when giving interviews:

' hi Fans.... You COULD have had BETTER attitude on THIS record, if it wasnt for AVID´BUGS making our lives difficult....'

Think I'm kidding........... Do I sound like a child... Hmmmm, perhaps I do...
Perhaps I am ONE.... OR perhaps I am just FED UP with software makers selling BUGs off as SOFTWARE !!!!!!

Think about it....

( AVID Website = Dosn't WORK(Should I say a Practical Joke...); PT9 = 98% of all Prior Version BUGs, Core Audio Manager = NO GO, Forum FULL of EMPTY Promises)

Wow.... You guys MUST be PROUD of yourselves, brushing YOUR teeth at night GLANCING at the mirror.....
Old 02-03-2011, 11:07 PM

Agreed about the website being a pain in the ass. It goes in circles?! In my studio we've got one system running cubase and the engineer that uses it laughs at me when I grumble about limitations that I paid extra for in PT

Then I start to research other companies DAW's...

Their features are becoming increasingly attractive and make me wonder how long I'll stick it out with Avid. I can't imagine more than 2 years if things don't improve. I've only used PT for about 2 years and learning a new system doesn't scare me at all.

That said, browse their online communities- they're not problem free either.

For how I use recording software, I've only really got two things I'm hoping Avid will do. 64bit and software monitoring shut off.