Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2004, 05:22 PM

Default Venue Live Sound Environment

I don't know where this post should really go so I guess here is fine:
I was wondering around how much the Venue Live Sound Enviroment System will be going for. Always, I'd like to know how the outputs to the speakers work on it. I understand everything but the main speaker outs, where are they? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Andrew
Old 10-24-2004, 01:29 PM

Default Re: Venue Live Sound Environment

quote:
"SRO Output Card
Each SRO (Stage Rack Output) output card provides eight balanced analog line-level outputs. A green signal presence LED aids in troubleshooting. A red output mute LED shows the action of the output muting relays, designed to eliminate power-on transients. SRI and SRO cards are user-installed options, allowing operators to expand a rack configuration as needed."

I believe you can use any of those outputs as your main outputs
Old 10-24-2004, 01:35 PM

another quote:
"FOH IOx Card
The FOH IOx card features eight AES digital inputs and outputs, allowing operators to integrate outboard gear with digital connections. In addition, the FOH IOx card expands the insert and direct output capability at FOH by adding eight balanced analog inputs and outputs on TRS jacks, allowing connection to virtually any type of outboard gear. All I/O connections are fully routable in the digital patchbay, facilitating easy access to any internal digital pathway."

so if you want your main outputs to be at the FOH position you should be ablo to use these outputs as your mains as well...
Old 10-24-2004, 02:29 PM

Well what I was going to end up doing is taking the outputs from the Stage Rack into another Venue Live System for a monitor mixer because I need around 24 stero monitor mixes. I thought that the TRS jacks on the FOH are monitor feeds / FX send - returns.
Old 10-25-2004, 04:14 PM

Any help any one ?
Old 10-30-2004, 02:09 PM

I think I figured it out. How much does one of the Venue Live Systems go for ? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Andrew