Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-19-2007, 01:52 PM

Default school boy errors

I am sorry digi but i have to say for a company listed on the stock exchange, it is rather ridiculous that you are allowing elementary errors to reveal products that are soon to be released. Now that you have made the complete balls up you then go about correcting the mistake, except that everyone and its grandmother now knows there is going to be in this case a digi 003. You might as well release the info now as its on google caches, heck if you do a search in products for digi 003 it comes up to the le pages damn search engines. For this error some poor employee is gonna get a rap on the knuckles and the big wigs hope the sales for digi 002 ALREADY in the shops wont be affected, mind you at the prices you are blowing them out any basic student of economics knows somethings up. Heres a tip.... how about stage servers for your dev work that way you wont release snippets of sensitive info that might affect stock. If i was a shareholder id be pretty pissed, then you take those who have found the info for numpties c'mon guys we know now its coming. So if i were you id have a staff meeting and work out ways never to repeat this basic error unless of course this was calculated. You should have released 003 in namm rather than dredge it out this long for goodness sake its not even your flagship product. So i say bite the bullet take advantage of the buzz and release the info.

We love you digi we do....
Old 02-19-2007, 02:59 PM

Default Re: school boy errors

or maybe they are just having a laugh at the nimrods who are scouring the site for any clues by sprinkling tiny fragments of dis-information. perhaps you should start up a digi rumors website and take this silly business off of the users site.
High Rock Records & Studio
NYC

http://highrockrecords.com
Old 02-19-2007, 03:15 PM

Hmmm a company like digi start playing games with er customers, re new products, maybe you think they are a bunch of amateurs. Come on mate get a grip Avid turnover over a million bucks. Maybe you havent seen the pages if not i suggest you find them. one thing for sure is digi 003 will be here soon. if it doesnt interest you then all good and well. but there are loads of people who want to see adc implemented as well as what digi does in light of m-audio.
Old 02-19-2007, 04:17 PM

You do realize that the 003 is HARDWARE and PDC is SOFTWARE? They are not necessarily related.

An 003 could be released without ADC, or a new version of PTLE could be released with it.

An 003 release wouldn't excite me much, but PDC would definitely get my interest.

PT 2021; MacBookPro M1; 16GB; Spectrasonics; Native Instruments, Toontrack, Waves...too many plugins.