How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > MIDI
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2012, 08:32 PM

Default plug-in mapping; knobs acts as switch instead of smooth controller

Hello,
i was hoping someone might be able to help me with a plug-in mapping issue in protools

I have a mono audio track with a mono\stereo extra long delay inserted on the track. When using the learn function to map the feedback to one of the knobs on my blue oxygen 49 keyboard controller it gets the message from protools ok but when i turn the knob it jumps from one side to the other as apposed to gliding along as i would like it to. The same thing happens when i try and do a filter sweep by using the learn function on an e.q. plug-in and the knob just jumps from one end of the spectrum to the other.

I have some feeling that it is acting as a switch instead of a gradual controller but im not sure about how to fix it...any advice would be great. Also i am running m-audio fast track pro.

Thanks!!

Stina