Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-04-2002, 09:55 PM

Default 001 interface mutes after region delete

This is driving me crazy...Sometimes when I select across a couple regions and hit delete (in "Shuffle" mode), I get a loud "pop" in the monitors. After that, I can't get any audio out of the 001 until I quit and relaunch Pro Tools. I can see the meters working in the Mix and Edit windows before I quit PT.

Any ideas?

Mac G4 667MHz
OS 9.1
PT 5.1.1 LE
Glyph Project X Firewire drive
Mackie HR824 speakers
Old 04-04-2002, 10:02 PM

Default Re: 001 interface mutes after region delete

There have been a few posts about this...search for "pops...then audio goes bye-bye" or something like that. It seems to happen most when editing and there has never been a solution to this other than Digi's standard answer of "We couldn't duplicate this problem on any of our machines". The only things there is to do is save the session, close it, and re-open it (at which time you will hear another pop) or you can change your DAE playback engine (Which does the same thing).

Either way the only way around it is to save/close/reopen. You shouldn't have to reboot PT's every time just re-open the session.

Hope this helps some. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Old 04-04-2002, 10:09 PM

Default Re: 001 interface mutes after region delete

Hey Nine Spine,

Thanks for the info!