Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2015, 02:27 PM

Default Re: Still haven't got my free plugins for Pro Tools 12.2

Avid doesn't "Take" your perpetual licenses and replace them with expiring ones so please seek the correct info before you post so there aren't any confusion.

Thanks

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 10-21-2015, 01:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
Avid doesn't "Take" your perpetual licenses and replace them with expiring ones so please seek the correct info before you post so there aren't any confusion.

Thanks
Confirming what I said in my response.
Digi 003 Console for control surface only, Focusrite OctopreLE and MOTU Traveler for extra analog-ADAT conversion, UAD Apollo Quad Silver with Thunderbolt card, Apollo x4 and pci-e Octo, Adam A77X monitors.
Pro Tools 2022.4, Media Composer 8.9, Sibelius 8.7, Cubase Pro 11, Wavelab Pro 11, Logic Pro X 10.5.1, Mainstage 3.
Various apps, soft synths, FX plugins.
Plenty of hardware synths, rack gear, microphones etc.
And then there's the studio ;-)
Old 11-10-2015, 09:39 AM

Default STILL no plugins in my account.

This must be one of the worst rollouts I've ever seen.

I still haven't received the promised plugins in my account. Active Protools|HD support plan. All I get as a response on my case is:

"We don't have any update yet about this issue. I'm still waiting for an update coming from our IT team and management team. I'm so sorry for the delay."

Ridiculous.
Old 11-13-2015, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nigelpry View Post
Confirming what I said in my response.
man, but WHAT we have to confirm , eh ???? did u see the countless peoples with the same issues and unsolved situations ?
Avid should have BIG shame for what is doing with all this mess !
if they're using a call-center as support, and is full of unprofessional untrained unexperienced people is not my problem...

NO ANSWER TO MY QUESTION IS GIVEN, and this is the BEST i was able to get as reply after A MONTH:
I apologize for the inconvenience, we overlook this one, I'm coordinating this to our I.T. department. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

i had NO REPLY but as almost everyone is writing, they just reply with apologies and after 3 times they closed my support request WITHOUT SOLVING ANYTHING !!!
as i said a friend that upgraded to 2016 plan got Eleven in additional product, i didn't get neither a reply about it AT ALL !!!
if every time i have to be here to "FORCE" some support it means this company IS CRAPPY.
it's not for Eleven that is a piece of crap , but the principle... cause this bunch of miserable goats steal our money selling fog and smoke... so due to the "unsolved unreplied status" i just can offer them the "same apologies" saying F U c K 0 F F A V ! D !!!

Last edited by macaudioman; 11-13-2015 at 08:09 PM.
Old 11-14-2015, 01:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macaudioman View Post
man, but WHAT we have to confirm , eh ???? did u see the countless peoples with the same issues and unsolved situations ?
Avid should have BIG shame for what is doing with all this mess !
if they're using a call-center as support, and is full of unprofessional untrained unexperienced people is not my problem...

NO ANSWER TO MY QUESTION IS GIVEN, and this is the BEST i was able to get as reply after A MONTH:
I apologize for the inconvenience, we overlook this one, I'm coordinating this to our I.T. department. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

i had NO REPLY but as almost everyone is writing, they just reply with apologies and after 3 times they closed my support request WITHOUT SOLVING ANYTHING !!!
as i said a friend that upgraded to 2016 plan got Eleven in additional product, i didn't get neither a reply about it AT ALL !!!
if every time i have to be here to "FORCE" some support it means this company IS CRAPPY.
it's not for Eleven that is a piece of crap , but the principle... cause this bunch of miserable goats steal our money selling fog and smoke... so due to the "unsolved unreplied status" i just can offer them the "same apologies" saying F U c K 0 F F A V ! D !!!
macaudioman, I'm just an (often disgruntled) user like you. But with everything you've said, the exact situation you are in is still not clear me to me, and its difficult to give you precise advice/information.

Maybe you can answer these questions, it might help us to understand. It might clarify your situation enough that we can advise you whether you should be opening another support case to make sure Avid sorts you out.

1) What is your current Pro Tools license, exactly (list what licenses are included if it is a bundle)?
2) When did you buy it?
3) Was it a new purchase, or an upgrade from an earlier version (if an upgrade, what was the previous version)?
4) Is it a standard license, or did you buy it as a student or academic with special eligibility requirements?
5) In your Avid Account, exactly what are the words used as the heading for your Pro Tools license (please state the exact words, there are several different packages and that can affect what you are entitled to)?
6) When you click on that heading to open up the details, do you just have one section that you can open further, to access installer download links for Pro Tools and associated bits and pieces .... If so, what exactly is that section heading called?
7) If you have a second section heading inside that you can open up to access more (and different, installer links), what exactly is that section heading called, and does it open up to give you links to the plugin bundle installers (individual stomp box plugins, Space, Eleven etc)?
8) If you have that second section of installer links, do any of them actually work (it will depend on what extra license you have in your iLok license bundle)?

If you can ge me precise answers to these questions, I should be able to advise you more clearly.

Don't give up just yet, we may be able to get your sorted out, or at least explain what the exact situation is.

I can't explain why Avid would close your support case without providing a proper answer first.

I have had many things to say about Avid's decision making and policies, but one thing I have found is that when I have opened a support case, and I've had a few licensing related ones over the years, for Media Composer and Sibelius as well as Pro Tools, I have always found them to be diligent in working through the case with me until I am happy that it is closed.

In my most recent case, Avid Customer Care has allowed me to expand the scope of the case, tacking on extra policy queries when the initial case has been fully addressed, and they have never closed a case without my confirmation that I am happy for it to be closed.
Digi 003 Console for control surface only, Focusrite OctopreLE and MOTU Traveler for extra analog-ADAT conversion, UAD Apollo Quad Silver with Thunderbolt card, Apollo x4 and pci-e Octo, Adam A77X monitors.
Pro Tools 2022.4, Media Composer 8.9, Sibelius 8.7, Cubase Pro 11, Wavelab Pro 11, Logic Pro X 10.5.1, Mainstage 3.
Various apps, soft synths, FX plugins.
Plenty of hardware synths, rack gear, microphones etc.
And then there's the studio ;-)
Old 11-14-2015, 04:32 AM

nigelpry, the problem is just that it's YOU that trying to solve the problems and NOT this bunch of GOATS...

i really appreciate users like you that take time and patience to invest helping other peoples, but when is ENOUGH IS EOUGH !

actually this mess it's not first time, nowadays it's EVERY TIME, and i'm sick of that.

from the DIGIDESIGN dismanting things have gone progressively worse and worse... up to now when every update or "new" move from Avid is a total mess!

go to read last incredibles about PT 12.3 ... they state 3 different things about compatibility on El Capitan !!! ... not compatible, under test, compatible ... like the right hand DO NOT KNOW what the left hand is doing !

nigelpry, when i'll be more calm and find some time will reply to your kind post... for now let me work where (on Logic X) the off line bounce, bounce in place and freeze functions are there from more than a decade!
Old 11-14-2015, 08:55 AM

Quote:

CS replied less than a day after you started the support case on 9/30 and provided the installers and a 90 day temp license (which you never activated). Your license was deposited on 10/13 (also never activated). So while we still need to fix your account to complete your products there you've actually had everything you are entitled to for over a month but have not activated any of it. If you need additional assistance please reply to the support case. Thank you.
Old 11-14-2015, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro View Post
CS replied less than a day after you started the support case on 9/30 and provided the installers and a 90 day temp license (which you never activated). Your license was deposited on 10/13 (also never activated). So while we still need to fix your account to complete your products there you've actually had everything you are entitled to for over a month but have not activated any of it. If you need additional assistance please reply to the support case. Thank you.
wow.
Old 11-14-2015, 07:34 PM

Quote:
as you stated in your press, who upgrade to version 12 / 2016 plan gets ELEVEN full perpetual license for free.
The free Eleven promo started on 8/21/2015 (and has been extended through 12/31/2015). You purchased on 4/1/2015 so unfortunately that does not qualify.

Quote:
about SPACE, what i paid for "normal" permanent product become "temporary ??!
THIS IS A SCAM !!!
Your Space (AAX/RTAS) license is still in your account and still Activated on your iLok 2. It didn't (and won't) become temporary. If you are on an Upgrade/Plug-In Plan you'll get a "Pro Tools Plan" license that also authorizes Space. You'd then have 2 copies - the perpetual non-expiring license you bought, and the subscription license included with the Upgrade/Plug-in Plan (that gets renewed if you renew your plan). Hope this clarifies things.
Old 11-14-2015, 07:38 PM

Default Re: STILL no plugins in my account.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamstern View Post
This must be one of the worst rollouts I've ever seen.

I still haven't received the promised plugins in my account. Active Protools|HD support plan. All I get as a response on my case is:

"We don't have any update yet about this issue. I'm still waiting for an update coming from our IT team and management team. I'm so sorry for the delay."

Ridiculous.
Sorry for the delay. I see you have the Pro Tools HD Plan license activated to your iLok2, so I'll send you the installers while your account issue is being addressed.

edit: I checked your support case and you were sent the installers back on 9/28. So while your account issue does need to be addressed you have been provided the software and license. Do you need the installers sent again?

Last edited by jeffro; 11-14-2015 at 07:49 PM. Reason: New info.