Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App

Old 10-21-2017, 05:42 AM

Default VCA enhancement idea

Hey Eddie.

With some of the new enhancements that have been coming out, lots of folks are hopping on board the VCA train. Once you get used to them, it's next to impossible to go back.
Having a quick and easy way to add or remove tracks from VCA controlled groups would be great.
Do you think that it would be possible to add VCA groups to the channel control layout?
It would be amazing to be able to add or remove selected tracks to/from VCA's on the fly.

Also, there is currently no way in PT to change group ID letters and the S3 lays out the groups alphabetically, by group ID. Unless you are extremely organized and diligent with your group management, you end up with a fairly unorganized looking group list when you spill them out on the S3 OLEDs. In PT, I manage my groups by keeping my mix groups to VCA's only and all other groups are edit only. As a starting point, it would be helpful to have a eucon preference to display mix only or edit only for group assign.

I've added both of these suggestions to ideascale.

VCA group management
http://protools.ideascale.com/a/idea-v2/284992

Group MIX/EDIT
http://protools.ideascale.com/a/idea...ampaigns/14999
Old 10-23-2017, 10:53 AM
Avid

Default Re: VCA enhancement idea

Yep, totally agree with both of these !
Old 04-04-2018, 12:45 AM

Hello, i'm interested in this as well! Has that feature been integrated yet?

For me as professional mixer (using Pro Tools and the S3 everyday) it would be very beneficial to have an improved way of managing the VCA groups. If there are any more informations about this or any tipps it would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
Old 04-04-2018, 07:43 PM
Avid

I agree but we have other things we are working on at the moment, its added to the todo list.