Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 06-23-2009, 03:45 PM

Default Faulty iLok? Dropped It. Pro-Tools Says "iLok Not Found".

Yes I've updated to the latest drivers (PACE, etc). Yes I checked to make sure Windows was able to detect it being attached. Yes the green light comes on. Yes, when I go to the iLok site, it lists the licenses available to me on my iLok. However . . .

When I press SYNCHRONIZE, it says that NO iLOK KEY IS ATTACHED.

I dropped this iLok this morning by accident, maybe a four foot drop at the most. This iLok worked ABSOLUTELY fine. I have STRUCTURE LE and HYBRID on this iLok and need it for a project I'm working on.

Do I have to now RMA this key? What's my next step. I was VERY reluctant to make any iLOK or Synchrosoft purchses for this very same reason.
Pro-Tools 12
2.5GHz i7 Quad Core
Old 06-23-2009, 03:56 PM

Default Re: Faulty iLok? Dropped It. Pro-Tools Says "iLok Not Found".

Try rebooting and also try a different machine. I've seen the iLok site behave oddly before.

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88
Old 06-23-2009, 04:53 PM

The last time I was on the I-lok site, I had better luck with IE7 than Firefox.
Old 06-24-2009, 02:30 AM

I'm so pissed. This is unbelievable. I've dropped my laptop, and other things before from this low height and it had no effect on the units in question cosmetically or operationally. I barely dropped the iLok. There's no cosmetic damage, the USB connector itself is NOT loose, the green light comes on when it is plugged in AND the computer detects it in the Device Manager and attached devices list!!!!

I've tried using Firefox, IE7 on the iLok site to synchronized and it says the same crap, 'NO iLOK ATTACKED". This is fustrating! I'm going to lose two weeks or possibly more due to this RMA process for an accident which was barely an accident. Are these things THAT fragile????
Pro-Tools 12
2.5GHz i7 Quad Core
Old 06-24-2009, 03:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by epu View Post
I'm so pissed. This is unbelievable. I've dropped my laptop, and other things before from this low height and it had no effect on the units in question cosmetically or operationally. I barely dropped the iLok. There's no cosmetic damage, the USB connector itself is NOT loose, the green light comes on when it is plugged in AND the computer detects it in the Device Manager and attached devices list!!!!

I've tried using Firefox, IE7 on the iLok site to synchronized and it says the same crap, 'NO iLOK ATTACKED". This is fustrating! I'm going to lose two weeks or possibly more due to this RMA process for an accident which was barely an accident. Are these things THAT fragile????
You can buy temp "zero downtime" for about $xx this gives you 2 weeks to arrange the RMA with the plugin vendors. during the 2 weeks ilok will place the auths that were on your ilok when it was last synced.

Just checked and i couldn't find it today?? sure i read this only yesterday on the ilok site

contact ilok

https://www.ilok.com/cgi-bin/WebObje...nrollmentStep1

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 06-24-2009, 05:54 AM

I think that in the case of a defective key that ilok will transfer the assets to a new key if the key itself is at fault. Your best bet would probably be to overnight it to them.

Sorry to hear your having problems, Most iLok issues seem to be related to lost or stolen keys.

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88
Old 06-24-2009, 10:01 AM

i am having the same problem and bought a new ilok key...and can transfer my licenses from one key to the other except for my waves auths...
is there a way to do that (transfer the waves) without having to buy the zero downtime?? could use some quick feeback on this one..

thanks in advance!

john
Old 06-24-2009, 01:36 PM

It is my understanding that Waves V6 con be transferrerd through ilok.com. Older versions (5.97 and earlier) need to go directly through Waves.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 06-25-2009, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoni View Post
The whole Ilok system boarders on being illegal because in my opinion is violated the terms of the "Fair Use" act. They CHARGE you money to make sure the product they sell keeps working!!! WTF!
I'm not a fan of this iLok method myself. I have 4 of them now and always have the passing thought of losing or damaging one. This is an area we should definitely be stress free from. Having to worry about silly things such as this just from some copy protection scheme is ridiculous. Definitely not the best system.

Shane

Give your plug-ins a facelift...and skin 'em!

"Music should be performed by the musician, not by the engineer."

Michael Wagener 25th July 2005, 02:59 PM

Pro Tools|HD Native 9.0.1 | Pro Tools|HDX 10.2 | Studio One | REAPER 4.22 | HD OMNI | HoboMac Pro 2.26Ghz Quad-Core | W7 Ultimate 64-bit