Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows

Old 04-15-2021, 08:23 PM

Default Out of the blue, PT won't load

So i've been working regularly in PT, did a session this morning. This evening, it freezes on load up. "loading database" takes forever and then it finally siezes up on "loading plug-ins waveshell1-aax 12.7". I've tried deleting the plugins folder and it still does the same thing. I did create another windows user and logged in as that, and i can work in PT without issue. And yes i have restarted. There has been no configuration or system changes. This just started today. Any advice (short of reloading PT)
Old 04-16-2021, 12:08 AM

Default Re: Out of the blue, PT won't load

If it stops on WavesHell perhaps try moving that out of plugins folder and try again. If PT launches, your problem may be just there
Old 04-16-2021, 06:29 AM

“Waveshell” sends up a red flag to me...I’ve never been very happy with Waves plugins. Just recently it started “scanning for licenses,” even though licenses for every one of them was already on the system. When it “wup’ed” me, I uninstalled all my Waves plugins, but Waveshell was still on the system and it took FOREVER to scan when I first booted. Trash the Waves folder, and it takes some C++ files with it, but that seemed like the only way to get rid of it. So I ended up installing 2021.3 while I was at it, which reinstalled PACE, which reinstalled the C++ files. It was messy, but there’s no Waves and it doesn’t get stuck on “waveshell.”

Last edited by sw rec; 04-16-2021 at 08:08 AM.
Old 04-16-2021, 03:43 PM

well those didnt work. i tried a reinstall. i've done it three times and now PT wont even open.

I tried deleting the avid folder and reinstalling, no luck.
Old 04-16-2021, 04:03 PM

Move all third party plug-ins to the Unused Plug-In Folder. Download a fresh installer. Uninstall Pro Tools, and Check to include the HD driver, etc. Reboot. Run CCleaner's Registry Cleaner repeatedly until it doesn't find anything else. Reboot. Run CCleaner again. Install Pro Tools using the new installer. Reboot. Start Pro Tools. Does it work now?
SonoBus
Source-Connect: brucehayward
Options for Remote Direction
Old 04-18-2021, 08:02 PM

Hey Weed - i'll give that a shot. I found the .dll file elsewhere and was able to get past that error, but it still wont really open. Interestingly enough, using another profile on my computer, no issues at all.

Is there anyone i should be doing in my profile to make sure its completely removed?
Old 04-22-2021, 07:35 PM

Update - The above methods did not work. CC cleaner found avid registry entries on each reboot, no matter how much i "scrubbed". I tried the latest version installer and still behaves the same. Over on my other profile, no issues. I'm going to end up setting up a new profile, not worth the time and effort to figure out why. Thanks for the suggestions though.