Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-25-2019, 10:26 AM

Default Re: Plugin Alliance insanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by amagras View Post
I have TG Mastering Chain, is this something similar?
Not even close. You have way more flexibility in the TG Mastering plugin than you do Masterdesk. It's also a totally different sound between the two. I too have the TG from Waves and would never use it in mastering but on my 2-bus. And follow it with a good quality limiter like Fabfilter Pro L.

QAPLA!
Old 03-25-2019, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
Not even close. You have way more flexibility in the TG Mastering plugin than you do Masterdesk. It's also a totally different sound between the two. I too have the TG from Waves and would never use it in mastering but on my 2-bus. And follow it with a good quality limiter like Fabfilter Pro L.
I see, it looks like the one from IK Multimedia which I don't have. It seems to be created so anyone can get quick, good results like with the signature series which for mixing are great... but I don't know how mastering engineers would like something like that.
The TG Chain works great for me. Once you get used to its particular workflow it does a lot, at least all I need. I too use a true peak limiter after, usually Waves WLM.
Old 03-25-2019, 02:42 PM

Quote:
I see, it looks like the one from IK Multimedia which I don't have. It seems to be created so anyone can get quick, good results like with the signature series which for mixing are great... but I don't know how mastering engineers would like something like that.
The TG Chain works great for me. Once you get used to its particular workflow it does a lot, at least all I need. I too use a true peak limiter after, usually Waves WLM.
You must be talking about the over-priced Lurssen Console. Wouldn't have it even if it were free. I've pretty much sworn off IKMM plugins even though I have a ton of them. There's only two that get regular work anymore and that's the White 2A (LA2A emulation) and Black 76 (1176 emulation). And as far as Amplitube? Not since I got the PA emulations. The only ones I would even think of using in Amplitube is Fender collection 1. And Sampletank - only when I need saxes as I don't have anything decent for Kontakt.

QAPLA!
Old 03-25-2019, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
You must be talking about the over-priced Lurssen Console. Wouldn't have it even if it were free. I've pretty much sworn off IKMM plugins even though I have a ton of them. There's only two that get regular work anymore and that's the White 2A (LA2A emulation) and Black 76 (1176 emulation). And as far as Amplitube? Not since I got the PA emulations. The only ones I would even think of using in Amplitube is Fender collection 1. And Sampletank - only when I need saxes as I don't have anything decent for Kontakt.
Oh men, and I just got the Fender Collection 2! The first one sounds decent and has some of the famous amps but the 2 has all the tweeds I like and is newer tech they said
Old 03-26-2019, 04:14 AM

Quote:
Oh men, and I just got the Fender Collection 2! The first one sounds decent and has some of the famous amps but the 2 has all the tweeds I like and is newer tech they said
I didn't go for Fender 2 because I didn't need/want the amps that are in there. I would have iF IKMM had modeled a piggyback Bassman (thanks PA for that) and a piggyback Bandmaster.

QAPLA!
Old 04-03-2019, 05:31 PM

@musicman691 this is your opportunity to get Phil's Cascade if you still have that voucher
I got bx_rockrack today for $9, what a great plug!
Old 04-03-2019, 05:58 PM

Quote:
@musicman691 this is your opportunity to get Phil's Cascade if you still have that voucher
I got bx_rockrack today for $9, what a great plug!
I picked up Cascade with March's $50 voucher. Remember that March's vouchers are no good after March. There are no usable vouchers so far for April EXCEPT the $20 voucher that just got sent in an email that's good until April 7th which happens to be the end of their 'best of first quarter'. Regular April vouchers go out after the current sale ends.

In the same email PA sent out with the $20 voucher they added four new sales - SSL E channel, Townhouse Buss compressor, elysia mpressor and Scheps Mono Upmix.

This new voucher is changing my poker strategy somewhat.

QAPLA!
Old 04-03-2019, 06:02 PM

They have a few for $29 that seem like a good deal with the 20 voucher, especially the RoomMS, even the 4KG for $49 seems good if you don't have one
Old 04-03-2019, 07:06 PM

Quote:
They have a few for $29 that seem like a good deal with the 20 voucher, especially the RoomMS, even the 4KG for $49 seems good if you don't have one
RoomMS doesn't get good reviews - metallic sounding is the consensus. I may well grab HG-2 as we're not likely to see it this cheap any time soon. I should get a $50 voucher April 8th or so which puts me in my purchasing range for BYOME (with said voucher would be $49) or possibly the Lindell 54 if that come sup on discount - which hasn't done so in quite a while. Other than that I have most everything from PA that I would want.

Pretty much everything else from them I've demoed and didn't care for and I have 30+ of their plugins.

QAPLA!
Old 04-03-2019, 07:08 PM

Quote:
even the 4KG for $49 seems good if you don't have one
That's like $300 off of the regular price..! "The Plugin Gods Must Have Gone Crazy!"

With the $20 bonus voucher I couldn't resist. Besides, to stay in the voucher loop I probably have to spend some actual money with PA at some point...

Next up; April voucher & Bass Dude on sale..?!

T

At work; 2013 27" iMac/i5/2.9GHz/8GB, OSX 10.8.5, PT 10.3.6

At home; Custom Made Mac (Hackintosh) i7 (3770 "Ivy Bridge")/3.4GHz/32GB@2400MHz, Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB System Drive, Samsung SSD 750 EVO 250GB Audio Drive, OSX 10.10.5, PT 12.8.1