Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins

Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2019, 04:11 AM

Default Re: Falcon 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightWing View Post
UPDATE 11/9/2019! It appears UVI has posted a new version on their site for F2 owners which appears to fix these anomalies. I used their Portal SW to download, install version 2.03 (Windows) and verify the errors are gone in Pro Tools. I guess we can expect Avid to post theirs soon as well.

I have found that running F2 STANDALONE still gives you these Mounting Errors as well as in the VST of Studio One.

I put in a Support Ticket with UVI outlining the above and suggested they write more Code to check the DAW it is being loaded into as a Plugin as well as if Standalone use.

Of course the easiest thing to do would be for them to make the "Avid Content" work no matter what situation the customer is using the product in but then again there may be "legal constraints" to that happening. :)
Just downloaded F2.03 through the UVI Portal and there's nothing in the changelog (Mac) that mentions anything about the issues people are running into here. I ran F2.02 with no problems in either PT or standalone in OSX 10.13.6. Of course the Avid-provided content won't work outside of PT. There's also changes to Falcon Factory and that might be where things are fixed. There's no changelog for that though.

Sadly I doubt those running the Avid-provided Falcon 2 will see these updates.

Peripheral to this String Machines and the free UVI Player have updates as well.

QAPLA!
Old 11-09-2019, 05:24 AM

Something weird is going on in my Avid Master Account. As some know when reading this thread I purchased Falcon 2 from UVI. Even though I did that I'm trying to help out here when I can. Logged into my Avid Master Account and noticed that the section where there used to be a bunch of stuff for Falcon the only thing Falcon related is in the section labeled 'Avid Complete Plug-in Bundle'. In there are two hyperlinks - one for FalconAvid-2.03-Mac.dmg for Mac people (429 MB) and the other Falcon-2.03-Avid.exe for Windows users (493 MB). No more Avid soundbank link or anything else that was in there related to Falcon.

Has Avid pulled a bunch of stuff because of the problems mentioned here?

QAPLA!
Old 11-09-2019, 06:28 AM

i see the same thing. I installed 2.03 and i don't have error messages anymore.
But still don't have any of the new presets. They probably are being uploaded now. We just have to be patient it looks like they are on it
Old 11-09-2019, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
As some know when reading this thread I purchased Falcon 2 from UVI.
As did I. What happens when you try F2 STANDALONE?

www.LightWingStudios.com

Musical Instrument Protection Accessories...Made In America.

Dell Precision T7910, Dual Processors (total 20 Cores), 128GB RAM, 4 @ 2TB SSDs, 1 @ 4TB HDs, Nvidia 2GB Dual Monitor Card, Dual LG 48" TVs used as Monitors, Arturia 88 Midi Controller, Black Lion USB Audio Interface, Mackie HR-828 Monitors, Katana Head, Fishman Triple Play, Win 10 Pro, PT 2023.3 Studio, only the Plugins I NEED, WAY TOO MANY Guitars...and an AMAZING wife!

AxeShield HD, AmpShield HD, KeyShield HD, AxeSak, AxeGlove, AxeCap & PedalShield
Old 11-09-2019, 08:07 AM

There's an article on the Avid Falcon 2 issue here at Pro Tools Expert that should explain what's going on.

Old 11-09-2019, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldM View Post
There's an article on the Avid Falcon 2 issue here at Pro Tools Expert that should explain what's going on.
Saw that as well. The only way I was able to get rid of the errors in PT, even in 2.0.3, was to move the "Avid Content" file OUT of the directory location I had it in which was where all the Soundbanks I own were residing. I'm going to leave it that way until Avid fixes their Content file. That also fixed the error popping up in Studio One AND when running F2 in Standalone mode.

www.LightWingStudios.com

Dell Precision T7910, Dual Processors (total 20 Cores), 128GB RAM, 4 @ 2TB SSDs, 1 @ 4TB HDs, Nvidia 2GB Dual Monitor Card, Dual LG 48" TVs used as Monitors, Arturia 88 Midi Controller, Black Lion USB Audio Interface, Mackie HR-828 Monitors, Katana Head, Fishman Triple Play, Win 10 Pro, PT 2023.3 Studio, only the Plugins I NEED, WAY TOO MANY Guitars...and an AMAZING wife!

AxeShield HD, AmpShield HD, KeyShield HD, AxeSak, AxeGlove, AxeCap & PedalShield
Old 11-09-2019, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Saw that as well. The only way I was able to get rid of the errors in PT, even in 2.0.3, was to move the "Avid Content" file OUT of the directory location I had it in which was where all the Soundbanks I own were residing. I'm going to leave it that way until Avid fixes their Content file. That also fixed the error popping up in Studio One AND when running F2 in Standalone mode.

Patrick, Ultimately, its an issue UVI and Avid have to fix! Workarounds are NOT a fix!

Old 11-09-2019, 01:01 PM

Quote:
As did I. What happens when you try F2 STANDALONE?
Works perfectly as did previous revisions of Falcon 2 from UVI. It's just that in standalone or any other daw than PT you don't get to use the Avid provided soundbank. It kicks up an error message saying something about not being a legit host. That's not surprising as I don't see Avid letting one use their library/expansion in any other daw (or standalone).

For the record - I have never had any issue with both F1 and the purchased F2 other than F2 overwrites F1.

edit for additional:
Just checked my Avid Master Account and it still is like I wrote about earlier - the Avid Plugsound download link is missing along with a whole bunch of other Falcon related bits and bobs.

QAPLA!
Old 11-09-2019, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldM View Post
Patrick, Ultimately, its an issue UVI and Avid have to fix! Workarounds are NOT a fix!
Absolutely AGREE 1000% Donald. I bought F2 because I use PT AND Studio One so I would have the AAX and VST versions to run.

I wasn't all that impressed with the "Avid Content" anyway so for ME it was just easier to pull them and avoid the errors until they fix this.

I bought a slew of the UVI Sound Banks when they had a hugely discounted sale and lean on those.

www.LightWingStudios.com

Old 11-09-2019, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
Works perfectly as did previous revisions of Falcon 2 from UVI. It's just that in standalone or any other daw than PT you don't get to use the Avid provided soundbank. It kicks up an error message saying something about not being a legit host. That's not surprising as I don't see Avid letting one use their library/expansion in any other daw (or standalone).

For the record - I have never had any issue with both F1 and the purchased F2 other than F2 overwrites F1.

edit for additional:
Just checked my Avid Master Account and it still is like I wrote about earlier - the Avid Plugsound download link is missing along with a whole bunch of other Falcon related bits and bobs.
Yup! :) Of note is that when you use Standalone OR the VST and get the error it gives you the option to suppress all errors in the future. THAT does not appear to work.

I say give it some time...Avid and UVI will work it out.

www.LightWingStudios.com

Closed Thread