Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-23-2011, 04:43 PM

Default Best (easiest) way to get the tempo to sync to prerecroded song

OK, I'm helping a friend out, and he is trying to get a click to sync up with a pre recorded song. I tried using Identify Beat (I'm not at my protools setup, so this might not be the exact right name), and I told it where bar 1 and bar 9 were, and it synced up OK for that portion, but as soon as bar 9 started, the tempo shifted again and it lost sync. I tried to eliminate the tempo marker at bar 9, but once I did that, it stopped syncing up at all.

Is there a simple way to make a click track sync up to a prerecorded song? The person I am helping is a beginner at ProTools, so I'm trying to figure out a good way to do this. Right now he is just using a drum machine, and playing the click along with the song manually, which works, but isn't super accurate and is a bit time consuming (he is working with backing tracks for a live show, and needs the click for everyone to sync up to).
Old 01-23-2011, 09:12 PM

Default Re: Best (easiest) way to get the tempo to sync to prerecroded song

simplest;
once id beat figgers out the tempo for you,
turn off conductor track
and enter value into manual tempo.
b.o.l.
e
Old 01-24-2011, 09:43 AM

From what you describe I'd just use the "identify beats" method and just complete going over the song, instead of quitting at bar 9. Sounds quicker than the way he has been doing it....
Old 01-25-2011, 04:31 AM

I think he means use ID beats to find the tempo, and then manually enter the tempo it finds as the track tempo [i.e. open up the little tempo drop down and type it in.]
On the other hand that could not be what he means and I could have just made a total fool of myself!