Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-01-2005, 06:25 PM

Default Newbie STILL canīt ungroup tracks

Thanks to JMS40, macrOw, wolfskin, justme and bossa for offering help.
However, I still canīt ungroup 4 tracks. Maybe thatīs because you all have oo1 or 002 and I have MBox +LE? I donīt know. In the edit groups window I had only one group "-all-" but whether I highlight it or not all my four tracks are still linked. So I created a new group of just 2 tracks. I highlight only it and still all four tracks are linked for volume, mute and solo. I think that the enable button may be the problem. What I see on my screen is not exactly what the Dummies book shows, but I have a button that says "a-z." When I turn on my computer, this button is not highlighted and I have the problem described above. I click to highlight it, and I still have the same problem and in addition I cannot un-highlight the a-z button.
If I switch to track view I see a channel strip which has a button marked with "!". If I put the cursor on it, displayed to the right are my two groups, all and "a". If I move the cursor to either group, my total of five tracks is displayed to the right. What is the purpose of this feature?
Also, in spite of statements to the contrary by some of the above, when I record a track in mono there is no pan slider, or pan knob visible on the channel strip in either edit or mix windows. The pan slider only appears when you record the track in stereo or change the output to stereo after you record it.
Iīm about to throw the MBox into the trash. I have wasted hours trying to figure this out, and there are a thousand more features, which Iīm assuming will be just as confusing. Besides "ProTools for Dummies" I have "Producing in the Home Studio with PT" by Franz and "PT 5.1 for Music Production..." by Mike Collins. Neither one is very helpful for this newbie.