How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-26-2017, 10:10 PM

Default HELP needed before I buy an Eleven Rack

Hello,

Saw a used Eleven Rack for sale and I am considering purchasing it.

What I would like to know is what are the *required* costs if I keep it and use it?

I found the ownership transfer form, looks like I will spend at least $20, maybe more depending on what software comes with it.

The ad says it comes with Pro Tools 8, and the firmware is at version 2.0.1. Build 0.1.5.7.

#1) Is that the latest firmware?
#2) Do I need to update Pro Tools to update the firmware (if needed)?
#3) I do not plan to do alot of recording, I am buying this more to play guitar and practice with. The guys I play with have recording hardware if I ever need to record. I do not lay down and record my own tracks for post processing.
#4) If I need Pro Tools, should I update to the latest version?
#5) Do I need a subscription to keep using the Eleven Rack? Will it stop working if I do not have a subscription?

I currently have an Axe-FX standard and a Firehawk and a 500X. I am happy with all of those, but for the price, I wanted to try the 11 rack. I plan on plugging it into my PA amps and using it for guitar and effects and modeling.

It also says it comes with "Sweetwater presets and updated to the Expansion Pack", will I need other expansion packs? I play 70's thru 90's rock & metal.

Thanks for the info, I will decide whether or not to buy once I get some 411 from this community.

TY in advance.
Dave