Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-01-2014, 01:58 PM

Default Re: Avid delisted on NASDAQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Olhsson View Post
If they've still got cash after completely re-coding pro tools, designing and manufacturing two new consoles and doing heaven knows what for NAB, I'd say they must be in pretty decent shape.

Amen!
Fender Strats, Ibanez Acoustic, Ibanez Bass, Ibanez Electric.

http://www.johnackermusic.com/
[email protected]

Live and Let Live
Old 03-01-2014, 03:06 PM

I sold my stock the day after Avid announced Native Pro Tools it negated the need to sell expensive TDM systems. My predication came true.
FWIW it's opposite of Jobs did when he came back to Apple - Jobs got rid on the clones and married the hardware to OS. That decision took Apple from the edge bankruptcy to what they are today. Hardware connected with software is how it's done. The native guys don't like but facts are facts native software has done nothing - zero for Avid's bottom line it has only hurt it.
Old 03-01-2014, 03:15 PM

Default Avid delisted on NASDAQ

That's why you should be buying😝 It's low.
I don't know about you but 48 mil in the bank.......

📀

[email protected]

Live and Let Live
Old 03-01-2014, 04:17 PM

They need native Pro Tools to train employees. The DIY musician/producer and music production hobbyists is not their main customer.
Old 03-01-2014, 05:20 PM

Oh, I know that Bob. Whoever said Steve Jobs did this and did that. Lol. Come on😊 Avid isn't Apple. Could it be? Probably not. Can it regain it's integrity and proceed forward in a logical manner? Not sure. I would like to think there is someone there like me who is a Rebel. Who takes the bold step and not to be like the same old gang. I will tell you though. I'm loving my Pro Tools😝
I don't know what they are thinking. I have always been one to jump too fast. Maybe it's because I'm older and wiser. It would really suck for this company to bring us all to the brink of an Orgasm and stop just short. Damm! That wouldn't be cool.

📀

[email protected]

Live and Let Live
Old 03-02-2014, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpinningDisk View Post
Here so far in America we have choice.
I can't believe I just read that on an international audio forum.

Unbelievable.

I don't think I can take anything you post seriously ever again...wow.
Old 03-02-2014, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zakco View Post
I can't believe I just read that on an international audio forum.

Unbelievable.

I don't think I can take anything you post seriously ever again...wow.

And that's suppose to mean? You need to explain yourself. Because you disagree with me you can't take anything I say seriously? Ok.
I'm going to make music and you just keep being you😊

📀

[email protected]

Live and Let Live
Old 03-02-2014, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpinningDisk View Post
That's why you should be buying😝 It's low.
I don't know about you but 48 mil in the bank.......

📀
Surly you don't think that's a lot? It should be 10 times that or more!

MacPro 5.1 (12) Core (2009 MacPro 8 Core Upgraded to a 12 Core MacPro), 56 Gig Ram, SSD System & 3 - 2TB Drives, OSX 10.9.5, Windows 10 Via Bootcamp
Old 03-02-2014, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Johns View Post
Surly you don't think that's a lot? It should be 10 times that or more!
Barry don't forget that they just finished the main development of the s3.. and the s6 m10 and m40. There is further development they are putting into all of these to push the ability of these controller even further, not to mention they just released PT 11 not too long ago, which was a major development for 5+ years where at the same time they were working on PT 10, HDX, HDN, the c400, the c600 even if these two product went dead two years after, and AAX. And there's hints that they will be showing something new at nab also. So while they had something like 200 M not too long ago, when you factor in all of what they have been working on in the past couple of years... yes 48M is still a good amount of money in the bank when you think of all they have just released in the last 2 to 3 years.

Wave-T.com
Old 03-02-2014, 01:42 PM

Whether it's a lot or not Barry. It's in the bank. If they can get their act in order then maybe they can regain control of their decent. Many companies have been down, up, down, up and have come back to be very profitable. If we spend our energy on, oh, they suck, they'll never come back, they don't know what they are doing. Reminds me of Sunday football. I think they call that arm chair quarter backing😊

[email protected]

Live and Let Live