Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2010, 03:44 PM

Default Pro Tools very slow to load bus

Hello,

I have a HD 2 PCIe and a 191 i/o. And I have a few questions about why it takes like 5-6 seconds to load a bus or change an output….etc. How do I make sure I’m using my accell card as well, I have the System Usage window open but it shows nothing being processed through the accell card. Just wondering why it freezed up for like 5 seconds when doing something like that. I have a mac pro 8core, 16 gb of ram, 2tb hard drive space. Pro Tools 8 HD. I have it to the latest update as well. And I ran the digi test and both cards passed. This is just frustrating me how when I want to run a RTAS plugin or make or change a bus this happens. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Eric
Old 11-16-2010, 07:27 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools very slow to load bus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericsvizeny View Post
Hello,

I have a HD 2 PCIe and a 191 i/o. And I have a few questions about why it takes like 5-6 seconds to load a bus or change an output….etc. How do I make sure I’m using my accell card as well, I have the System Usage window open but it shows nothing being processed through the accell card. Just wondering why it freezed up for like 5 seconds when doing something like that. I have a mac pro 8core, 16 gb of ram, 2tb hard drive space. Pro Tools 8 HD. I have it to the latest update as well. And I ran the digi test and both cards passed. This is just frustrating me how when I want to run a RTAS plugin or make or change a bus this happens. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Eric
You sure your plugs are up to date? You should test that. Prefs/databases?
There is something going on with your system as it should not be that slow.
Its not a card thing but probably a plug compatibility issue.
Old 11-16-2010, 09:27 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools very slow to load bus

What do I do with the prefs/databases? Thanks!