Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2013, 02:49 AM

Default Plug-in link to Metric Halo console not working

I upgraded to PT11.0.2 a couple of days ago. Reinstalled 10.3.7 as well.

I use a Metric Halo ULN-8 for my interface, and the Metric Halo MIO Console for mixing; that's linked with Pro Tools with a plug-in called MIO Console Connect in an instrument channel. It allows saving of the setup in the MIO mixer with the PT session, and automatic recall. Once it's set up, it's pretty seamless, and sounds very good.

Out of the box, 10.3.7 worked as it had, although a lot of I/O setup had to be redone. I had problems with PT11 crashing when I inserted the Console Connect plug, which was the result of not updating everything from MH as I thought I had. So, now everything is updated, and no crashes in PT11.

However, I've lost the link between the Console Connect plug and the MIO mixer. Previously, I'd install the plug, and the mixer came up automatically. Now, nothing happens. I can run the Console as a standalone, and everything works fine, routing is correct, etc., but it's completely independent - everything has to be saved separately.

The worst part is that, before updating to fix the PT11 crashes, my old PT10 sessions worked as they should - the plug in linked with the MIO mixer no problem. Now, however, it behaves just as in PT11 - no link.

I've trashed PT prefs with no change.

I have a ticket open with MH support, but I'm in the UK and running five hours ahead of them. I though I'd check to see if anyone else using MH gear was having a similar problem. If someone else is working OK, then I obviously have a problem in my system, but it would at least narrow it down.

System 2: 2021 M1 Mini 16Gb, OS 13.6, Native 2023.9, MH ULN-8 4d

http://www.mylescochran.com
Old 11-08-2013, 06:51 AM

Default Re: Plug-in link to Metric Halo console not working

Just got this on the mailing list also. I'm just now updating to their newest versions and checking out the situation on my rig. I've got a 2882. I had tried out a beta version of CC and it was crashing PT10 so I just stayed put for an official release. I'll let you know what happens soon.
Old 11-09-2013, 01:09 AM

Default Re: Plug-in link to Metric Halo console not working

Problem solved. BJ Buchalter from MH came up with the solution (at 4 am US time) which was to send the MIO Console.app to the trash, then drag it back into the Applications folder. His suspicion is that Launch Services hadn't properly recognized the app, and re-dragging it to the Applications folder forced the OS to see it properly. I also re-ran the Console installer, but I had done that before with no luck, so I believe BJ's idea did it. Hallelujah!

System 2: 2021 M1 Mini 16Gb, OS 13.6, Native 2023.9, MH ULN-8 4d

http://www.mylescochran.com