Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2011, 06:20 PM

Default M-Audio Fast Track and MacBook Pro Question

First off, I'm sorry if this is vague, but I'm not very tech-savy. I just recently bought a new MacBook Pro with 10.6.8 and I'm trying to install the Pro Tools M-Powered Essential 8 disc that came with my Fast Track. I originally bought the Fast Track new in late '09 , but never installed either discs that came with it. I tried to install them today and the drivers disc uploaded successfully, but the Pro Tools disc would get to the end of uploading and just stay there for forever and never finish. It was at the part where it was writing "script"? The Pro Tools icon is now in my tool bar (even though it didn't upload successfully), but when I click on it all that comes up is "Unable to locate M-Audio hardware. Make sure your hardware is connected and turned on". The Fast Track is connected and the light is on, so I'm confused by this part. What I'm wondering is if my new Mac is not compatible with the Pro Tools M-Powered Essential 8 software? If so, what do I need to get to be able to run the Fast Track?

Many thanks in advance, folks!
Old 07-12-2011, 09:43 AM

Smile Re: M-Audio Fast Track and MacBook Pro Question

go to the m-audio website and go to downloads (and just look up your current driver for the fast track pro) once u have it install it reboot and you should be ready to work...
Old 07-12-2011, 10:55 AM

Default Re: M-Audio Fast Track and MacBook Pro Question

Pro-tools MP 8.0 doesn´t work in Snow Leopard 10.6.8. You need to download and update in order to install pro-tools.

Go to Avid MP update download page.
Old 07-12-2011, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NachoLCF View Post
Pro-tools MP 8.0 doesn´t work in Snow Leopard 10.6.8. You need to download and update in order to install pro-tools.

Go to Avid MP update download page.
Hmm. The Avid site keeps sending me to the M-Audio site. The M-Audio site doesn't go any higher then 10.6.7. I can't find the 10.6.8 anywhere.
Old 07-14-2011, 06:45 AM

I mean you have to download MP Essential 8.0.3 update first, and then launch de installation from de dmg file you dowloaded. From Avid web page, not from M-audio´s.

http://avid.custkb.com/avid/app/self...761&NewLang=en