Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2012, 11:25 PM

Default Problem loading Pro Tools in 10.1.2

After updating to the new build, I have been unable to load Pro Tools. It stalls out at "Initializing Databases." I've tried deleting all of my Pro Tools preferences files, but that didn't seem to solve it. Unless there's an easier solution I can get from here first, my next step is to reinstall...
Old 05-11-2012, 12:45 AM

Default Re: Problem loading Pro Tools in 10.1.2

I had the same problem until i ejected cd disk (acronis boot media) from my drive.
Old 05-11-2012, 12:57 AM

Can't be that, as I don't have any CDs in my drives. I also just tried uninstalling the entire program and reinstalling, and it is still extremely slow to process absolutely anything at all (in base version 10.0 now). Everything from the initial boot-up to importing audio to closing the program takes 5-10 minutes to perform each action. It's so slow that it actually goes into an unresponsive state for a while before it finally does something. Pro Tools is completely unusable as long as this slowness is going on. I can't figure out what could possibly cause it to suddenly happen, as I've done nothing to change anything in my computer other than simply update Pro Tools from the first update (I think that was 10.1) to 10.1.2.

I've now tried deleting all of my preference files as well as creating an entirely new Windows user account =\
Old 05-11-2012, 08:59 AM

Actually my problems sound a lot like the ones described in this thread. I opened Pro Tools last night and went to sleep, and it must have eventually loaded at some point overnight, because it was open this morning with the dialogue asking me for a session template, but once again, after I told it to do something, it stalled out again. It seems every single action I try to make it perform is taking an extremely long time. This wasn't happening at all until just yesterday, and my computer is very powerful..

Windows 7-64
Intel i5-2500k 3.3 GHz OC'd to 3.9 GHz
16 GB DDR3 Ram
Old 05-12-2012, 12:09 AM

Sitting here watching Pro Tools stalled out at "Iniitializing Databases" for 12 minutes and counting, AFTER I uninstalled and reinstalled to my SSD. I also entered a customer support ticket early Friday morning, and here I am on Saturday morning still without a reply. The fact that Avid requires paid customer support tickets is absurd enough, but if we're PAYING for customer service (I've never heard of such a thing), then I would at the very least expect them to send so much as a "We've received your email" communication after a full business day...