Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools

Old 01-28-2022, 08:17 PM

Default Pro Tools Relaunches after Closing

Hi all,
I am currently running version 2021.6.0 PT on windows 10. The build has been stable for the last 10 months or so with zero issues. Yesterday, using BlueCatPatchwork, I opened an old vst3 into a couple PT sessions (legacy version of Slate Virtual Tape).

Now, upon closing pro tools post-save, it immediately relaunches. I have to go into task manager to abort and stop the cycle.

I have since deleted what I thought was the problematic VST, and the problem persists. I have cleared my preferences and roaming folder, the problem persists.

I removed every plugin from my plugins folder, re-added them back systematically to try and identify if any specific plug-in was problematic (I have around 500). This resolved the issue temporarily, and I was able to create new sessions and close them. Pro tools stayed close. Going back into the problematic sessions initializes the boot loop.

The boot-loop itself is merely an inconvenienced, more so I fear the quitting process for the application is being interfered with and I am afraid of losing session data.

There is no warning or splash screen upon the relaunch.

Sorry for the long post, any advice helps. Cheers
Old 01-29-2022, 10:14 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools Relaunches after Closing

Ok. I believe i've found the solution if anyone is interested. Upon removing Nomad Factory (consisting of AMT Amp Leveling, AMT Max Warm, AMT Multi-Max), I've solved the crash loop.

I'm guessing it had nothing to do with bluecat's wrapper. Max Warm is on every one of my Mix Bus's so it'll be a pain to find a good replacement, but those plugins are not cooperating well with pro tools at the moment.
Old 01-29-2022, 06:01 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools Relaunches after Closing

Glad you resolved it. Thank you for sharing the solution. It might help others with a similar issue.