Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2011, 06:25 PM

Default Expansion Pack: help please

I purchased and installed the Eleven Rack Expansion Pack today and for some reason all I got with the install was the amps... I don't see any of the new stomps, mics, etc. Anyone have any idea why this is?

I'm on a Mac Pro running OSX 10.6.7
Pro Tools 8.0.4

thank you!
Craig
Old 06-23-2011, 07:15 PM

Default Re: Expansion Pack: help please

NEVERMIND!

I ran the install again and THIS TIME I saw the message that said to run the firmware update...

Its all there now!! lol!!
Old 06-23-2011, 07:20 PM

Did you run the firmware updater as well as the software installation? In case you are unaware, the process is a two step method.

After software installs, a firmware installation EXE file is dropped onto your desktop (double click to run). You need to have the 11R connected, switched on & be on the internet to successfully update firmware.

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z690 AERO D
CPU: Intel Alder Lake Core i9-12900K
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15S
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR5 64GB (2x 32gb 5200MHz)
Drives: 2 x Samsung 980 Pro 2TB NVME PCIE 4.0 M.2 SSD (Record & Samples)
1 x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME PCIE 4.0 M.2 SSD (OS Win 11 Pro)

GPU:Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3060 12GB GDDR6 PCIE 4
PSU: Corsair HX Series HX850 Platinim
CASE: Fractal Define XL R2
PT 11HD (v11.3.2) Omni s/pdif <> AxeFxIII
HD 96I/O
Old 06-23-2011, 07:22 PM

Ha, you just beat me to it

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z690 AERO D
CPU: Intel Alder Lake Core i9-12900K
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15S
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR5 64GB (2x 32gb 5200MHz)
Drives: 2 x Samsung 980 Pro 2TB NVME PCIE 4.0 M.2 SSD (Record & Samples)
1 x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME PCIE 4.0 M.2 SSD (OS Win 11 Pro)

GPU:Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3060 12GB GDDR6 PCIE 4
PSU: Corsair HX Series HX850 Platinim
CASE: Fractal Define XL R2
PT 11HD (v11.3.2) Omni s/pdif <> AxeFxIII
HD 96I/O
Old 07-09-2011, 11:27 AM

Can somebody tell me if I buy Eleven Rack and then Buy the Expansion pack just so I can hear what the Modern Custom 800 amp sounds like.... since my retailer allows me a 15 days return, can I also return the expansion pack after that if i returned eleven? or can i rent the expansion pack before I decide? Why is there no link to a rental like you can with other plug-ins? I need to test it to see if its the real deal.

Because there is no online clips of the amp i want to hear from expansion pack. I even started a thread requesting it and people got mad that i requested a clip. I dont have time for attitudes happening right now in other threads.. now I just want to try for myself but need to know if I can return or at least rent out the expansion pack for a day or two.
Old 07-09-2011, 11:58 AM

I was kind of in the same boat as you. I had just bought the 11R and while it was decent I wasn't thrilled with the lack of amps and effects and I ended up just sucking it up and buying the EXRP. I wasn't overly thrilled with that either.

But what I discovered in about a week's time was that I didn't like the stock presets very much as they were. Biggest thing was killing the gate on each one so that I could really use the volume knob to change the gain structure of each patch. Second big thing was using some of the user presets from elevenrackpresets.com. After that I started building my own patches and have been pretty happy with it since.

I can't say whether the EXRP is going to do what you want, but if I had it to do over again I would definitely wait at least a week or two because once you upgrade it I am about 99% sure that it's a done deal and there is no refund because I don't think that they can roll it back. Spend some time with it and really get to know it because I don't think that the EXRP is going to make the difference between hating it and loving it.

If you really dig it, but want a few more effects and some higher gain amps then it's worth it. But if the overall experience is coming up short the EXRP isn't going to change that.
Old 07-09-2011, 12:44 PM

Not only the expansion pack provides several new amp sims but also a new distorsion effect which can fill the gap according to me with heavy metal sounds.

I bought the 11 recently while I had stopped playing guitar for 15 years. I even didn't know that kind of gear existed. I dont' know almost anything about each amp simulated, I don't know if the simulation is accurate or not. But I don't care. I just know that there is the SOUND.

I used to play with a JCM 800 and a KORG A3 effect processor. Now, with the 11, I have much more. I used to love heavy metal sound (and Judas Priest also). I know that with that 11 I can have similar sounds. May be not exactly the same. But who cares ? The deal is to have a good sound.

Just choosing an amp simulation, and changing the cab makes the sound almost completely different. Changing the mic also. There is a lot of combinations. Adding a bit of OD, and the trick is done. Oh it does not sound like the real amp ? So what ? I have a great sound. Oh, it's exactly the same sound ? Really ... too bad... I'd rather have my own and unique sound.