Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-2002, 11:43 PM

Default Re: Studio interrior! Let\'s show them home/appartement /garage studio\'s :)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by sessiondude:
Oh yeah, I used to work with a guy named Benny Bee...in Bozeman...we went to Kalispell a lot.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Benny Bee? Oh yeah? I don't think he's doing his radio thing here anymore, but yeah I know who your taking about...

So Idaho, eh? We're (the band) trying to find some good blues/rock clubs to play down there, it's not very far ya know.. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Cheers
|Recent PC to Mac convert|
Old 03-27-2002, 11:53 PM

Default Re: Studio interrior! Let\'s show them home/appartement /garage studio\'s :)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by sessiondude:
I'm in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho...the potato thing. I should cruise up and check out the foam!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Come on up, and check out that foam! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] It's soft and squishy, just how I like my potato's...
Old 03-28-2002, 12:18 AM

Thanx [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img].

Roy, that monitor is a 17.4" TFT (about the size of a 19" CRT).

Better picture here

They're pricey, but compared to other 17" or 18" TFT's they very fairly priced. Beautiful looks, and, more important, a great picture quality. Beats the Vision Master Pro452 at work. I believe their site is www.agneovo-usa.com or something.

I'm looking for a nice simple black keyboard and mouse. Already found a case that fits the setup [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]. After that I'll kick out the ugly green table and get something better instead. And the walls some attention too... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Yeah, it's a small setup, but I try to make the productions sound big [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]. I'm kicking out the O1V by the way, replacing it with a Presonus DigiMAX LT.
Old 03-28-2002, 08:21 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Gr0und_Zer0:
Thanx [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img].

Roy, that monitor is a 17.4" TFT (about the size of a 19" CRT).

Better picture here

They're pricey, but compared to other 17" or 18" TFT's they very fairly priced. Beautiful looks, and, more important, a great picture quality. Beats the Vision Master Pro452 at work. I believe their site is www.agneovo-usa.com or something.

I'm looking for a nice simple black keyboard and mouse. Already found a case that fits the setup [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]. After that I'll kick out the ugly green table and get something better instead. And the walls some attention too... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Yeah, it's a small setup, but I try to make the productions sound big [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]. I'm kicking out the O1V by the way, replacing it with a Presonus DigiMAX LT.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nice monitor man! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] I like the clean setup...

So your getting rid of the 01V? I'm using the Digimax right now and find it extreemly useful... :thumbsup:

Cheers
Old 03-28-2002, 08:41 AM

GZ,
Thanks... can't open the URL, but I'll find it. That thing is so fine!

~rh [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-28-2002, 11:19 AM

there's a nice $12 keyboard at newegg.. or at least a week ago there was
13 gb ata-66 (i think) 7200 rpm
30 gb ata-100 7200 rpm
Leadtek GeFoce2mx
it all seems to work pretty well, especially for the price.
Old 03-28-2002, 03:23 PM

PAKO,

I was checking out your studio pics and was hoping you could help me. I'm kind of new to the whole home studio deal and have been meaning to set up XLR panel mounts on my walls so I can have a seperate "control" room and sound room. I noticed in the pics of your studio that you have XLR panel mounts setup exactly the way I would like to have it. Could you tell me what brand you used, where you purchased them(online?), was it tough to install/setup. Also, how do you connect both panels to each other in the wall? Do you use a small XLR cable? I know, I know..these are a ton of questions, but any help would be great! And sorry to everyone for this post not really being related to the topic, my bad!

-X- [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]
Old 03-28-2002, 03:32 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by xprod77:
PAKO,

I was checking out your studio pics and was hoping you could help me. I'm kind of new to the whole home studio deal and have been meaning to set up XLR panel mounts on my walls so I can have a seperate "control" room and sound room. I noticed in the pics of your studio that you have XLR panel mounts setup exactly the way I would like to have it. Could you tell me what brand you used, where you purchased them(online?), was it tough to install/setup. Also, how do you connect both panels to each other in the wall? Do you use a small XLR cable? I know, I know..these are a ton of questions, but any help would be great! And sorry to everyone for this post not really being related to the topic, my bad!

-X- [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No problem man.

They were Nuitrik's... I had my local music supply store order them for me. There just Male plates on one side, and female plates on the other.

Each plate is mounted into a 3-switch box. (3-Switch Box, just like a outlet box but sized for 3 outlets side by side. I just wanted to clarify that.) I then had to solder each wire using install-xlr cabling. Teh cabling is shielded, but it doesn't have the large rubber insolation around it. For the 16 XLR's I have passing through the wall, I had to make a total of 96 solder spots... [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Hope that helps ya.. Oh and, for the 1/4" TRS inputs just to the right of the XLR plates, are just a threaded Female TRS that's mounted to a standard metal Wall Plate that I drilled holes into...

Cheers
Old 03-28-2002, 03:47 PM

Pako,

Thanks ALOT for the info! So correct me if I'm wrong, this "install-xlr" cabling you are talking about is was what connects the female side to the male side? Could I just use a basic XLR cable instead? Thanks again!!

-X-
Old 03-28-2002, 05:15 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by xprod77:
Pako,

Thanks ALOT for the info! So correct me if I'm wrong, this "install-xlr" cabling you are talking about is was what connects the female side to the male side? Could I just use a basic XLR cable instead? Thanks again!!

-X-
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's correct. All you need is three conductors. Just to note: The plates on each side of the wall are not lined up. I have the wires soldered to the connectors on the plate, then I routed them out of the stud box which is then routed into the stud box of the recieving plate on the other side of the wall. I like the wire I used, because it's easy to work with. Standard XLR cable with the rubber covering would be too thick for 6 channels per box.

Cheers