Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-23-2006, 09:23 PM

Default HELP \"ProTools LE Has Unexpectedly Quit\" on Launch

Please help... I think I've followed all the PT advice I could find, but I still can't get ProTools LE 6.9.2 to launch.

When I try to Launch ProTools LE I get the error message "ProTools has Unexpectedly Quit". I don't even get to the screen where there is ProTools Logo with the progress bar. When I launch the program, all that happens is that the icon bounces for a couple of seconds, and then I get the error message mentioned above.

I am using an mBox.

I've fully uninstalled, and reinstalled ProTools LE 6.9.2 to no avail.

Additionally I have taken the following steps:
- I have confirmed that I am using a compatable computer (G4 Powerbook 17" 1.67 ghz w/ 1 GB ram).
- I have trashed the Prefrences file.
- I have unmounted any other hard drives other than my internal drive.
- I have disconnected any other external hardware, except for my external LCD monitor which is running at 1024x768.
- I have checked that my System Prefrences are correctly configured.
- I have run the "Repair Permissions " operation in the Apple Disk Utility
- I am using the correct PT version for my OS. (OS = 10.4.2/ PT LE = 6.9.2)
- I have checked that I have no login options enabled.
- I have unplugged and replugged the mBox. I have swapped cables and ports for the mBox.

I'm stumpted at this point. In the last few weeks, I've installed some other new software on this computer, but nothing that should affect PT this much. I've recently installed the Reason 3, USB driver for an M-Audio Radium 49, Abelton Live Lite 4, Finale Notepad 2006, and Google Earth. There are no reports that I've found in the Digidesign Answerbase about conflicts between PT and those programs.

I'm fresh out of ideas at this point. Does this ring a bell with anyone else out there?

Let me know if you have any ideas.

Thanks,

Nathaniel

javascript:%20x()
Old 01-23-2006, 09:28 PM

Default Re: HELP \"ProTools LE Has Unexpectedly Quit\" on Launch

Run through the troubleshooting tips on the first page of this forum - and check things like your startup items. If that doesn't work, try creating a new user, and installing just Pro Tools .

G5 Dual 1.8 /1.5 Gb Ram
OSX 10.4.7
PT LE 7.3 cs1
DIGI 002
Waves Ren
Sony Bundle
Soundtoys-arama
NI Komplete 3
Old 01-24-2006, 06:02 AM

I allready tried every step on that page at the top of the forum. I havent tried the new user thing, so I guess thats the next step. It's just strange to me that when nothing has really changed to this computer, that I neeed to do that big of a work around to get ProTools to work again.

If anyone else has any suggestions, I would love to hear it.

Thanks,

Nathaniel
Old 01-24-2006, 11:57 AM

I once had a similar issue when trying to open up files I had previously created. The problem as I finally figured out was that there was a Sample Tank plug-in on the track that was (for some unknown reason) no longer authorized to run. I re-installed it and everything started working again. So.. you might try looking in your plug-ins folder and getting rid of whichever ones you don't need or looking at whether there is a plug-in or some piece of software that Pro Tools is trying unsuccesfully to locate upon opening the session.I've found that whenever I reinstall something, something else gets uninstalled that needs to get reinstalled as well. If you think along those lines that may lead you to your solution.

Hope this helps.