Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-28-2017, 09:58 AM

Default Re: 6 Month Dock Review: Video link

Quote:
Originally Posted by marsian View Post
very true Bobby.

I'm considering to switch over our systems to Nuendo, of there is no change in the next half of the year.

Cheers
Maik
What do you mean there's not charge? I can't afford to pickup Nuendo right now... but I am seriously considering purchasing a license for it in the future and just keep one PT HD license for when I have to work with others.

So frustrated because Pro Tools could be really great if the company behind it actually cared... Anytime I talk to a Nuendo user they also say wonderful things and how each point release directly relates to user feedback whereas with us and AVID... we feel like bastard children who's dad straight up abandoned us and sends us a small gift with no thought put into it from time to time.
Old 03-01-2017, 02:49 AM

I meant if there is no change in Avids behaviour. If there will be clear statements of progress in fixing bugs and development of USEFULL features for the HD-users, then this will make us stay on that systems. There have been far too much hole phrases in the past.
When I see what progress Nuendo made in terms of features for postproduction, I could cry, having invested that amount of money in Avid.

Best
Maik
Old 03-01-2017, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marsian View Post
I meant if there is no change in Avids behaviour. If there will be clear statements of progress in fixing bugs and development of USEFULL features for the HD-users, then this will make us stay on that systems. There have been far too much hole phrases in the past.
When I see what progress Nuendo made in terms of features for postproduction, I could cry, having invested that amount of money in Avid.

Best
Maik
Oops... my bad... I somehow mis read what you said thinking you were talking about money...

But YES... whole heartedly agree with you. It's really depressing but also enlightening hearing and seeing how responsive Steinburg is and the great feature set where we have to purchase so many third party tools to just bring back what should be stock functionality in certain areas.

AVID is so hard headed. I wish Nuendo could make interchange between Pro Tools and Nuendo super easy somehow... Man I would DUMP Avid in a heartbeat as long as I knew I could interface with Pro Tools users still easily.

Don't we all wish Pro Tools was bought out by a company that actually knows what they're doing.