Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > FireWire & USB Audio Interfaces (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-19-2016, 11:11 PM

Default Mbox Pro 3rd "Hardware not connected" "Not Streaming"

Hello I`m new in this forum, I come to you with hope that you can help me with my interface that is driving me crazy.

History:
One day I was recording late night, everything was normal and perfect. When I finished recording I went to sleep, the next day I would continue recording, I powered my computer and my interface and when I open the Mbox Core Audio Driver it said "Hardware not connected" "Not streaming" I thought that I would have made an error in the connection, so I restarted my computer but this problem continued. After some research I uninstalled the drivers and installed them again, but the problem continued, so I decided to buy another FireWire cable I decided to buy a "400 to 800" cable in order to avoid using the provided adapter, this cable didn`t fixed the problem.
After this I decided to get in contact with Apple phone support, they made me reinstall the Mbox drivers, reinstall the opperating system, a reboot of my hard drive and every possible software issue, this didn`t fixed my problem so they told me to go to a Apple Store to see if there was a hardware issue with my computer, in the Apple Store they told me that there was no problem with the computer, they even replace my Thunderbolt to Firewire adapter. At this point I have bought more Firewire cables with no sign of connection between my computer and my interface and I have tried everything that you can imagine.
Now my interface isn`t working I thought that with the new update of the drivers version 1.3.5 my interface would work.

Interface behavior:
When I power the interface it powers normal, the blue LED doesn`t make anything strange. With some Firewire cables in the Core Audio Drivers it says "Hardware not connected and Not Streaming" and with others cables it says "Hardware no connected and Not Set".

Computer behavior:
When I go to "System Preferences" - "System Information" in the part where it says "Firewire" theres and error that says "Firewire devices not listed".

-Macbook Pro Retina 2105 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5
-OSX "El Capitan 10.11.6"
-8 GB RAM.
-Apple Thunderbolt to Firewire adapter, Firewire coverter and the cable that came in the interface"400 to 800" and Firewire cable 400 to 800.
-Pro Tools 12
-Avid Mbox Pro 3rd generation firmware "1.3.5"

Last edited by MK_Mow; 12-19-2016 at 11:21 PM.
Old 12-21-2016, 06:37 AM

Default Re: Mbox Pro 3rd "Hardware not connected" "Not Streming"

Do you have another computer that you could test the Mbox on? Or could you take it to the Apple store and see if it is detected there? With all you've tried, it sounds like a hardware fault on the Mbox. You haven't hotplugged it have you?

Joel

Home:
Asus B450 Pro4 / Ryzen 5 2600 / 32GB RAM / Win 11 Pro
Pro Tools HD / Focusrite 18i20 + M-Audio ProFire 2626

Rig:
Eleven Rack / ART SLA1 / Two 2x10 Passive Monitors / FCB1010 w/ EurekaPROM
Old 12-23-2016, 01:52 PM

Default Re: Mbox Pro 3rd "Hardware not connected" "Not Streming"

No I haven´t hot connected it, I´ve tried to connected to another computer once but it was when drivers wheren`t updated to OSX 10.11.6 and it didn´t work so I don´t know if was the interface or the drivers.
The interface works fine, if I plug something it receives signal, but it´s not recognized by the the computer, with some Firewire cables in the Core Audio interface says "Not connected, Not Streaming" and with other cables says "Not connected, Not set". When it says "Not connected, Not set" I´ve tried this:
http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...s-the-firmware
But it doesn´t make any difference.
Old 12-23-2016, 06:23 PM

Default Re: Mbox Pro 3rd "Hardware not connected" "Not Streaming"

Testing it on another system can help diagnose if the firewire chip on the interface is still working. I'd still recommend that as the next diagnostic step.

Joel

Home:

Rig:
Old 01-10-2017, 10:54 PM

Hi, I´m back to school so I had the chance to try my interface with other computers and the sad and bad news is that my interface is not recognized by any computer, so I´m afraid that my interface is damaged.
So I guess that there´s not much left to do
Old 01-12-2017, 06:50 PM

Did you try a different cable?
Old 01-26-2017, 08:14 PM

Yes, I´ve tried different cables and it still not working
Old 01-27-2017, 08:49 AM

It does sound like a hardware fault with the Mbox. You could look at getting it repaired, but would probably be more economical to get a new, better interface.

Joel

Home:

Rig: