Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-18-2019, 01:14 PM

Default Re: Using VEP6 with two Macs to offload CPU ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Ivan View Post
So, apparently I am unable to update my MBP as I do not have an up to date graphics card??
I then thought it would be as simple as buying a new card...no such luck...earlier MBPs can not be upgraded without this.
Like I said it's not mandatory that both computers have the same operating system. Nice but not mandatory. Just wish it weren't El Crapitan that's on the MBP.Maybe you can grab either Sierra or High Sierra and put that on the MBP. As to sources for thos OSX versions if you can get them via your AppStore account take a look at Amazon for them. Some they have on optical disk and some on a thumb drive.

QAPLA!