How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2016, 12:19 AM

Default HD Accel Core cards and PT10

Hello,

I am using am Apogee symphony with Pro Tools 10 and just realized there is a HD version of it. I am trying to get more processing power. With my normal PT10, can I use the HD Accel Core and HD Accel cards? Like an HD3 system to run more plugins. And is the Digidesign Pro Control compatible with PT10 (not HD).

I'm kinda confused what makes the HD part of PT10. Does your PT10 automatically become PT10HD if you get the cards?

I am using an Apogee Symphony with 16 analog in and out.
I am on Mac Snow leopard 10.6.8.
Old 08-31-2016, 12:54 AM

Default Re: HD Accel Core cards and PT10

for running HD hardware you need the PT10 HD license on your iLok and of course the HD software version ... PT10 HD

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIA...Rnu0Jfh-YsgftQ
Old 08-31-2016, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esppse View Post
Hello,

I am using am Apogee symphony with Pro Tools 10 and just realized there is a HD version of it. I am trying to get more processing power. With my normal PT10, can I use the HD Accel Core and HD Accel cards? Like an HD3 system to run more plugins. And is the Digidesign Pro Control compatible with PT10 (not HD).

I'm kinda confused what makes the HD part of PT10. Does your PT10 automatically become PT10HD if you get the cards?

I am using an Apogee Symphony with 16 analog in and out.
I am on Mac Snow leopard 10.6.8.
If you can find an HD license it is totally worth getting. Of course you need to get the cards too, all of which work with P Tools 10 HD. The cards are quite cheep these days. You just need to make sure what kind of computer you have as the cards are either PCI or PCIe. If your computer has PCIe slots you will need the PCIe cards.
Old 08-31-2016, 08:13 AM

Ahhhhh great....... is there still a way to upgrade to PT10HD? Was there something like a Complete toolkit?

And to run PT10HD, you could use the Symphony and just the cards right and not require anything else right?

I would have never pursued this thought but I saw on Apogees website about connecting HD Accel cards.
Old 08-31-2016, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esppse View Post
Ahhhhh great....... is there still a way to upgrade to PT10HD? Was there something like a Complete toolkit?

And to run PT10HD, you could use the Symphony and just the cards right and not require anything else right?

I would have never pursued this thought but I saw on Apogees website about connecting HD Accel cards.
You might be able to find a used PT10HD license asset on Ebay. The Complete Production Toolkit (CPTK) is a way to get most of the HD features that are in PT10 but it won't get you access to the Accel cards. Yes you can use the Symphony with the Accel cards provided you have the proper Digilink cable.

QAPLA!
Old 09-01-2016, 08:40 AM

Ah thanks for the clarity guys, I'll have to hunt down an HD10 license. I do have 1 more quick question. With my mac Pro 5.1 on Snow leopard and Symphony, would a Magma PE6R4 PCIe to PCIx expander work? Or a Magma P7R4 with a PCIe host card?