Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11

Old 07-31-2017, 10:53 AM

Default Re: Can't import audio into Pro Tools 11?

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
What version of OSX are you using? If Sierra then things wont' work. You'll either have to move to PT12 or downgrade your OSX version if possible.

Dangerous and wrong info. There isn't a PT version that won't import audio providing one is running a compatible operating system
The only reason I gave him the info is because the samething is happening to me. When I drag and drop its works. There is nothing dangerous about what I said, its not like I was given him a virus. I was only trying to help! Also
ThankYou because I am using sierra and that may be the problem.
Old 07-31-2017, 01:57 PM

Default Re: Can't import audio into Pro Tools 11?

Quote:
Originally Posted by alberta.oliver View Post
The only reason I gave him the info is because the samething is happening to me. When I drag and drop its works. There is nothing dangerous about what I said, its not like I was given him a virus. I was only trying to help! Also
ThankYou because I am using sierra and that may be the problem.
Your advice was dangerous because you never gave any context as to what OSX version you were talking about with what version of PT.

Your using Sierra is the problem if you're using PT11.

QAPLA!
Old 08-03-2017, 08:05 AM

Default Re: Can't import audio (Assertion Error Line 559) with Pro Tools 11 on El Capitan/lat

it's funny I have been a PT user since PT3 back in 1995 and I just moved from 8LE to PT 10 & 11. What i find funny is in all these years never had a drag and drop error since they incorporated into software. To just have it stop working in random sessions is inexcusable. My fix is to trash the prefs and reboot. 11.3 has some weird bugs and 10 wasn't much better. I think PT 4 or 5 was probably the most stable.
The only reason why I moved to 11 was to allow me to do bounce downs that aren't in real time but i don't know if the bugs are worth it. I have found that something gets stuck in system cache and if I quit PT and restart app it does not function. However a reboot allows it to work? Seriously this software has become a joke for basic functionality.
Cleveland, OH
Old 08-03-2017, 10:18 AM

Default Re: Can't import audio (Assertion Error Line 559) with Pro Tools 11 on El Capitan/lat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacDaddy WGAR View Post
it's funny I have been a PT user since PT3 back in 1995 and I just moved from 8LE to PT 10 & 11. What i find funny is in all these years never had a drag and drop error since they incorporated into software. To just have it stop working in random sessions is inexcusable. My fix is to trash the prefs and reboot. 11.3 has some weird bugs and 10 wasn't much better. I think PT 4 or 5 was probably the most stable.
The only reason why I moved to 11 was to allow me to do bounce downs that aren't in real time but i don't know if the bugs are worth it. I have found that something gets stuck in system cache and if I quit PT and restart app it does not function. However a reboot allows it to work? Seriously this software has become a joke for basic functionality.
What computer and operating system are you running PT11 on? Your profile lists a pair of pre-Intel Macs (G4 & G5). What exact problems are you having? PT11.3.1 has been stable as has PT11.3.2 on OSX 10.9.5

QAPLA!
Old 12-09-2017, 04:34 PM

Its December 9 2017

I'm answering the post about import errors on PT 11 with El Capitan.

Im running a mac mini late 2012
2.6 Ghz intel core i7
16 gig memory

PT plain 11.1

OS X el capitan 10.11.6

yes I have import audio errors on some sessions but not all. I have a session from a year ago where it refuses to import.

But today I imported many tracks(session data) and its fine. It doesn’t like importing audio I have downloaded.
Old 12-09-2017, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by richmix View Post
Its December 9 2017

2.6 Ghz intel core i7
16 gig memory
PT plain 11.1
OS X el capitan 10.11.6

yes I have import audio errors on some sessions but not all. I have a session from a year ago where it refuses to import.

But today I imported many tracks(session data) and its fine. It doesn’t like importing audio I have downloaded.
Not surprising you're having issues. First off PT11.1 is noit considered compatible per Avid's chart on this page: http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...tibility-Chart
The earliest compatible PT with ElCrapitan is 12.3.

Second ElCrapitan is one of the worst OSX releases for audio work released.

So you've got some thinking to do: either downgrade your OSX to either OSX 10.8.5 or 10.9.0; or upgrade OSX to Sierra and upgrade to PT12.

QAPLA!
Old 12-15-2017, 03:27 PM

Avid decided to let 11 Die in El Captain. Left all us 11 users screwed. even HD users. Thanks Avid. Totally horse ****. Wasn't even long after I got it brand new and then new OS comes out and you didn't even bother to fix bugs in 11 since you launched 12. great work. and for the price of an HD update or license? Shameful.

Mac Pro 5,1 3.33 GHz Hex, 32GB
EFI Flashed - 5 GT/s Modded 7950, Dual Apple 23"
OSX Sierra
Pro Tools HD 11.2.2
Waves IOS, IOX, STG2412
Extreme Server (x2)
Logic Pro X, DSP Quattro, Final Cut Pro X
Waves Mercury+SSL+AbbeyRoads
Trident S65 with embedded US-2400

Live:
2012 Mac Mini, Dual SSD, i7 2.4, 16GB
Win 10, OSX Sierra
LV1, MRSG
Hardware from above (same gear)
Dual Dell P2418HT Touch Screens
Waves Icon X (x2), M, with Screens
Custom enclosure
Old 12-15-2017, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacDaddy WGAR View Post
I'm with you on this.

OSX Sierra
Pro Tools HD 11.2.2
Waves IOS, IOX, STG2412
Extreme Server (x2)

Live:
Win 10, OSX Sierra
LV1, MRSG
Custom enclosure
Old 12-15-2017, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by richmix View Post
Its December 9 2017

2.6 Ghz intel core i7
16 gig memory

PT plain 11.1

OS X el capitan 10.11.6

This is interesting. Could you provide me the session to test and look for possible causes?

I'm looking to keep 11 going for a couple more years at least. if possible (HD)

OSX Sierra
Pro Tools HD 11.2.2
Waves IOS, IOX, STG2412
Extreme Server (x2)

Live:
Win 10, OSX Sierra
LV1, MRSG
Custom enclosure
Old 12-15-2017, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Table Syrup Records View Post
Avid decided to let 11 Die in El Captain. Left all us 11 users screwed. even HD users. Thanks Avid. Totally horse ****. Wasn't even long after I got it brand new and then new OS comes out and you didn't even bother to fix bugs in 11 since you launched 12. great work. and for the price of an HD update or license? Shameful.
So? El Crapitan was/is the lousiest OSX version ever visited upon humanity. Your sig file shows Mavericks. PT11.3.2 runs just fine in OSX 10.10.5. Who needs the latest osx anyway?

QAPLA!