Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 9

Old 08-16-2012, 11:54 AM

Default Maximum total number of audio or fade files (-9168)

Hi...

I'm running Windows 7 (64-Bit), Intel(R) Core i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10GHz, 8 GB RAM.

I'm doing a lot of time correction editing on multitrack music sessions. This involves lots of cuts and crossfades. I'm receiving the following error:

"The maximum total number of audio or fade files has been exceeded. You can reduce the number of files by consolidating audio or removing unused files from the session. (-9168)"

This is followed (if I ignore it) by DAE error -9060, then DAE error -9031, then DAE error -9060 again.

I've been doing this type of editing on this machine for several weeks, and in other sessions I've not received this type of error even though I was many orders of magnitude further into the editing. For example, I start with drums, and I'm getting this error toward the end of the drum track for this song, whereas with other songs I've gone through drums, bass, acoustic guitar, rhythm guitar, lead guitar, fiddle, mandolin, organ, lead vocals, and background vocals, making a similar number of edits per track, and still haven't received this type of error.

I am not yet in a production position to consolidate audio or remove anything from this session.

Is it RAM? Something in my computer's settings (I followed Avid's guidelines for optimizing a PC for Pro Tools)? I am (and have been) putting my sessions on a clean, 200GB partition of my internal HD.

I've searched these and other forums and so far, none of the possible fixes are working for me. Please help if you can. . .I'm on an editing deadline and really need to get up and running again!

Thanks so much.
Old 08-16-2012, 12:49 PM

Default Re: Maximum total number of audio or fade files (-9168)

Help us Help You - READ THIS Before Posting!

Read that and post a Sandra report. Its really tough to offer advice without more info. As a rule, the socket 1155 intel's are not the best choice for PT, but there may be some obvious hardware thing that might be to blame. I was under the impression that the max number of fade files could be 1000 or more, but I'm not sure. In any case, you might also want to go into the Regions(axa Clips for 10 users) bin and remove unused audio files

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave