Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools SE and Essential (Win)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-26-2017, 09:15 AM

Default Convert a Session Created in Pro Tools SE to Pro Tools First

I have been using Pro Tools SE, which came with my Avid Fast Track C600, for about five years. Recently, I decided to download Pro Tools First and give it a try, with the idea that if I liked it, I would ultimately upgrade to Pro Tools 12. I wanted to take a project I started in Pro Tools SE and move it to Pro Tools First to continue editing it. I clicked on the "Convert Session" button in Pro Tools First and pointed it to the .ptf file, but I got the following error: "Could not complete your request because magic ID does not match."

How can I access a Pro Tools SE session in Pro Tools First and continue to work on it there?

Thank you!