Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2009, 01:31 AM

Default Snow Leopard Compatibility

Is this going to be far away? Anyone know?
Old 11-19-2009, 02:40 AM

Default Re: Snow Leopard Compatibility

Seriously, we had many threads about this. Noone know when will it come.
I'm in the camp who rather wait even months for a good release. Digi gave us a prerelease, which has documented problems.
My guess is that they're testing the new release, but in reality none of us has real information about this.
TD
Old 11-19-2009, 06:07 AM

Second Tuesday of next week or 2010, whichever comes first.
Old 11-19-2009, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueThursday View Post
Second Tuesday of next week or 2010, whichever comes first.
You know the secret!
Old 11-19-2009, 12:49 PM

Ok, alright, fair enough. Was just a moment of frustration. I mean it's not like they wouldn't have had it for a few months before it was released or anything.
Whoops. Another moment of frustration.
Old 11-19-2009, 01:35 PM

Very frustrating I agree as I've been researching other vendors and so far ONLY Digidesign is behind although I haven't "extensively" researched but MoTU, Sonar, Digital Performer are all approved and work on or before the respective OS release date. Isn't this the point of "technet" and the beta programs so that vendors can try out their applications and get them working?
Old 11-19-2009, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by srslab View Post
Isn't this the point of "technet" and the beta programs so that vendors can try out their applications and get them working?
Apple did a great job with Snow Leopard's release. Besides having to turn out two "point" updates in less than two months. And that business of deleting all of those user accounts. And general craptastic support for plenty of programs (Adobe CS4, most notably).
Old 11-19-2009, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by getz76 View Post
Apple did a great job with Snow Leopard's release. Besides having to turn out two "point" updates in less than two months. And that business of deleting all of those user accounts. And general craptastic support for plenty of programs (Adobe CS4, most notably).
Indeed.

We do have to keep in mind that Pro Tools isn't the only software having compatibility problems. I do recall Adobe CS3 having substantial difficulties with initial builds of 10.5. It takes two parties for there to be an incompatibility!

D
a n t h e I n c r e d i b l e S o u n d M a n

"Svetlana" v1 - 4.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, OSX 10.7.4
Liquid Saffire 56 - PT10.2 - BFD2, VCC, Duende Native, Play 3.0

_C U R R E N T-D V E R B-S C O R E:515
Old 11-19-2009, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by getz76 View Post
I was more concerned with the deleting of the user's data bug.
Old 11-19-2009, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dism View Post
Indeed.

We do have to keep in mind that Pro Tools isn't the only software having compatibility problems. I do recall Adobe CS3 having substantial difficulties with initial builds of 10.5. It takes two parties for there to be an incompatibility!
I don't mean for this to sound bad but this is one thing I liked about the Windows 98 beta program. You received "excessive" updates. I think I received over 50 new CDs during the beta program with bug fixes. Every little fix was a new release to be tested and the community was "involved" with making sure the bugs were fixed but not that Windows 98 was a perfect product but the overall program was great for the community to really find bugs. I wish Digidesign did more of a beta program and community instead of paying customers reporting bugs that take months or a year before it is even looked at.