Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-20-2009, 05:38 AM

Default navigating in edit mode

Is there a setting change, that will allow playback to start (in edit mode) wherever I put the cursor on the particular track that I am working on? Right now, I have to go to the top of the screen in the min/sec bar to and click where I need to go to. i'd rather just be able to click on the individual audio track that I am working to to navigate around, instead of having to go up to the top and click every time. ANy thoughts? Thanks!
Old 06-20-2009, 06:55 AM

Default Re: navigating in edit mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkprod View Post
Is there a setting change, that will allow playback to start (in edit mode) wherever I put the cursor on the particular track that I am working on? Right now, I have to go to the top of the screen in the min/sec bar to and click where I need to go to. i'd rather just be able to click on the individual audio track that I am working to to navigate around, instead of having to go up to the top and click every time. ANy thoughts? Thanks!
You need to go to the top (timeline) every time. If you click in the track you need to stop/start playback to resume play at the new location. Or you could use play/fast forward/rewind on the numeric keypad to move the playback location (a quicker option IMO). I use 0, 1, 2 to start/stop, rewind, fast forward.
If you really want to just click and go, you could move the track you're editing to the top every time, so that you're just under the timeline.