Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 03-27-2009, 08:45 PM

Default Installation Problems...Please Help Me!

Hey guys,

I am a brand new Pro Tools user. I have been using various other programs for years and currently mainly use Digital Performer on a Mac for most of my projects. I picked up an MBox Mini and Pro Tools LE for the sole purpose of prepping sessions and transferring files between studios as I work.

I installed Pro Tools LE 7 and 8 with complete ease on both my Mac Book Pro and Mac Pro. I thought it would also be very handy to have it installed on my PC as well. I have not been successful at all in this process.

Pro Tools 7, which I was attempting to install from the install disc at first notified me that my computer was not up to date. I turned on Automatic Updates and got everything up to speed. I am now using Service Pack 3 and everything else that Microsoft thought I needed. At this point, Pro Tools 7 did begin to go through the install process but would hang every time once I connected the MBox (as prompted by the software during installation). I would plug in the MBox and then my machine would sit there for about 5 seconds and then my monitor would shut off...almost as if my computer had been powered down. I would then have to actually restart my machine by pulling to power. This happened time after time.

So I downloaded the Pro Tools 8 upgrade from Digidesign and tried installing it. Every time I try to unzip the file it hangs on me and won't finish. I thought maybe there had been an error with the download so I downloaded it again just to be sure. The problem still persists.

According to the Digidesign website, my mother board is supported and my OS seems to be completely up to date. I don't have any extraneous hardware plugged into my machine. I am really scratching my head at this point and would love some input from you guys. This really seems like an awful lot of work to go through to get this software up and running. It would make for a really really good Mac commercial.
Old 03-28-2009, 01:47 AM

Default Re: Installation Problems...Please Help Me!

As much of a pain as it may be, you will be best served if you can post a Sandra report. Get the info here.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com