Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools | Intro Discussion

Old 05-15-2018, 10:01 AM

Default need older version of first

For crying out loud they make it difficult. I use PT 11 at work but want to install PT first 12.3.1on an older macbook to do basic edits when i am on vacation. it only gave me links for the latest versions. Tried to find link to contact support but it looks like it wants me to do a paid ticket. Can someone assist? geeze been using this since 1995 and they have made it more difficult each year.

Thanks
Bill
Cleveland, OH
Old 05-15-2018, 04:53 PM

Default Re: need older version of first

What are you trying to really achieve?

Pro Tools First can't open or save your Pro Tools 11 Sessions. And Pro Tools 11 can't open your Pro Tools First projects.

If you want to open Pro Tools First Projects you need a recent Pro Tools 12.

Seem all like a waste of effort for serious work. Just use real Pro Tools, preferably the same exact version you use elsewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-16-2018, 07:35 AM

UGH well thats great to know. I have 12 at work but don't use it, we bought he license with 10-12 but I like 11. I will be on vacation in a couple weeks and will probably need to voice some commercials so that is why I wanted it, to have about the same processing. I was planning on taking my mic and small Mackie mixer for the phantom power and just do it on my 09 macbook and then send off to agency.
Cleveland, OH
Old 05-16-2018, 09:14 AM

If you have an Internet connection while on vacation, you can always use the iLok cloud license service rather than having to bring your iLok. Just put the PT license back into your account and it will be available for cloud licensing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mac Studio, 64GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, Glyph 2TB USB3 HDD, OWC drive dock, Mac OS Monterey 12.6.8

Pro Tools Ultimate 2023.9, HD Native, Focusrite Red 8Pre

Presonus Faderport, Pro Tools | Control
Old 05-17-2018, 01:38 PM

I can't do that as someone might need access to my computer at work to use, would not be cool.
If anyone has a copy of the pro tools first 12.3.1 dmg I would greatly appreciate it. Avid people stopped responding to me, probably because i would not pay for a service ticket.

I wish these companies would stop offering software because they think it is obsolete. Is a 69 Camaro Obsolete, no!
I don't need the latest and greatest to do my job my 7 year old mac at work is great as it my 9 year computers at home. had I know there was a free version of PT out there of course i would have grabbed it 2 years ago.
Thanks
Cleveland, OH
Old 05-17-2018, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacDaddy WGAR View Post
I can't do that as someone might need access to my computer at work to use, would not be cool.

If anyone has a copy of the pro tools first 12.3.1 dmg I would greatly appreciate it. Avid people stopped responding to me, probably because i would not pay for a service ticket.

The cloud license is exactly intended for this, if needed people in the office can use it while you
are not.

Avid is not a charity, you seem to be using this software for work. "Free" Pro Tools First was not really ever a valid option, how are you even going to share work between these versions? So use your work's cloud license or cough up some cash for a new license. You have spent way more time discussing this in DUC than it should take to resolve, you really should be valuing your time more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk