Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2018
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-02-2018, 06:52 AM

Default Re: Massenburg Design Works MDWEQ5 crahes PTHD 2018.1

I ve sent a bug report to MDW and they said, they move it forward to their team.
But i doubt, that they will do anything to bring this plugin to PTHD2018.1 on Windows.
Old 02-02-2018, 10:27 AM

btw how is the quality of Flux Epure 3 in comparsion... I must find an alternative. AAX Dsp would be nice... like Epure and Equality (Digital).
Or is Pro Q 2 really the holy grail of clean Eqs...
Old 02-02-2018, 01:27 PM

Epure is really really good.
Old 02-02-2018, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackerLe View Post
btw how is the quality of Flux Epure 3 in comparsion... I must find an alternative. AAX Dsp would be nice... like Epure and Equality (Digital).
Or is Pro Q 2 really the holy grail of clean Eqs...
as far as overall features and workflow, as well as complete intuitiveness/ease of use, i always go back to ProQ2 even though i have another 50 EQ plugins installed.
Yes it really is that good.

I actually preferred the acon digital EQ, that was my first choice, proEq2 second, but the acon is buggy in aax unfortunately. You could check out the latest version though if you're interested and see if the bugs have been squashed yet. I have too many projects with proQ2 all over them now.

The other thing about proQ2 is that it's incredibly light. I know in a dsp system it is going to add latency for record armed tracks.. but if that's not the concern and native cpu usage is, i wouldn't worry about it.. it literally takes 1% of one core per instance, and that's of an old i7.

Or if it must be aax dsp you could try brainworx cleansweep pro in combination with BX digital 3 (cleansweep pro for when you need more control over low and high cut, where bx digital is limited).

Personally i do not understand the love for epure, it's a very basic EQ plugin at an extraordinary price(IMO)
Old 02-05-2018, 09:41 AM

At last i tried the plugin again on my Mac Pro with Protools HD 2018.1... and it works without problems...
On my HDX PC, it crashes Protools HD 2018.1...
I tried to put the licence to another Ilok2 to test, wether my original Ilok2 is corrupted.
It doesn´t matter, which Ilok2, i use with the licence. It works on Mac, but not on PC... I tried all my DSP Plugins on my HDX PC System; Sonnox, Metric Halo, Softube, Plugin Alliance, Dave Hill Designs.. All Plugins are working... Only MDWEQ5 is crashing PTHD native and DSP...

I am a little bit angry, cause i ve sent a bug report and got the message, that they gave the report to their team. What does that mean. I am not alone with problems of the Windows Version and they got a lot of bug reports and do nothing...
No official comment about that case... Who is programming the AAX Windows Version... MDW or Avid... A lot of money for a plugin, that doesn´t work.
Hard to belief? MDW shows, how to make customers angry...

I will go for the Epure 3, cause its AAX DSP and maybe this works on Windows...
Old 02-05-2018, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackerLe View Post
At last i tried the plugin again on my Mac Pro with Protools HD 2018.1... and it works without problems...
On my HDX PC, it crashes Protools HD 2018.1...
I tried to put the licence to another Ilok2 to test, wether my original Ilok2 is corrupted.
It doesn´t matter, which Ilok2, i use with the licence. It works on Mac, but not on PC... I tried all my DSP Plugins on my HDX PC System; Sonnox, Metric Halo, Softube, Plugin Alliance, Dave Hill Designs.. All Plugins are working... Only MDWEQ5 is crashing PTHD native and DSP...

I am a little bit angry, cause i ve sent a bug report and got the message, that they gave the report to their team. What does that mean. I am not alone with problems of the Windows Version and they got a lot of bug reports and do nothing...
No official comment about that case... Who is programming the AAX Windows Version... MDW or Avid... A lot of money for a plugin, that doesn´t work.
Hard to belief? MDW shows, how to make customers angry...

I will go for the Epure 3, cause its AAX DSP and maybe this works on Windows...
I guess I'm one of the few Windows users who hasn't had a issue with this plugin. Some other plugins are my problem.

Gigabyte Z490 Vision D - BIOS F21b
Intel Core I9 10850K Windows11 / macOS 12.7.4 Hackintosh / 32GB of Rams
Avid Carbon/HDX 2024.3 Ultimate - 8x8x8 HD I/O - PT Dock - PT Control - Artist Mix (1)
Universal Audio Apollo Twin|X - UAD2 Pci-E and Satellite USB Octo v.11.0.1 - SOLO 610 - Twin-finity
Bricasti M7 (2)
Lexicon PCM96
Neumann KH805 - KH310
Yamaha NS-10M
Avantone Mixcubes
Grace Design M905
Etc, etc, etc.
Old 02-05-2018, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abc1mce2 View Post
I guess I'm one of the few Windows users who hasn't had a issue with this plugin. Some other plugins are my problem.
And what version of Pro Tools and OS are you on?
Are you saying native is working for you as well as DSP?

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

Join the Facebook Pro Tools Windows User Group
Old 02-09-2018, 10:08 AM

Update

MDWEQ still crashing Protools HD 2018.1
But i found a workaround...
I opened a big session to work with and tried the MDWEQ and suddenly it worked.
I ve spent hours to reconstruct why it works with this session...
After i restarted my machine and opened PTHD with a new session, MDWEQ crashes PTHD... But with this one sesseion it works...

Some time later... I found the solution by accident, why it works...

In a session i must load the cranesong Phoenix II Plugin... Then i can load MDWEQ and it doesn´t crash PTHD... It works...Interesting is, that if i close the session and start a new one, I can use MDWEQ without any other plugin...
But after a restart. When i load the session with only mdw, it crashes with an acces violation, cannot read memory error...
But with this workaround, i can use the MDWEQ again...if i use phoenix II one time...
Totally strange, isn´t...

Its ok... Better than nothing... I am glad...

I never had such an adventure with a plugin... I still hope for an update...
Old 02-09-2018, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil H View Post

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk
Hasn't crashed my system yet. I will try it on a new session this weekend or Monday but as I've done recently I loaded 10 on a session without a hiccup...both native and DSP.

Like I said before it has never giving me problem and I don't use it very much, it's a few others that will crash my system during session load / closure or when I insert on a track.

I'll be mixing a mix tape type session shortly and I'll make heavy use of it this time and report back.

Avid Carbon/HDX 2024.3 Ultimate - 8x8x8 HD I/O - PT Dock - PT Control - Artist Mix (1)
Universal Audio Apollo Twin|X - UAD2 Pci-E and Satellite USB Octo v.11.0.1 - SOLO 610 - Twin-finity
Bricasti M7 (2)
Lexicon PCM96
Neumann KH805 - KH310
Yamaha NS-10M
Avantone Mixcubes
Grace Design M905
Etc, etc, etc.
Old 02-09-2018, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil H View Post
I'm on 2018.1 with an HDX1 system

Bricasti M7 (2)
Lexicon PCM96
Neumann KH805 - KH310
Yamaha NS-10M
Avantone Mixcubes
Grace Design M905
Etc, etc, etc.