Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S4/S6

Old 06-01-2019, 10:51 PM

Default S6 and Nuendo 10

Is the S6 compatible with Nuendo/Cubase 10 ?
Old 06-02-2019, 11:42 AM

Default Re: S6 and Nuendo 10

Hi there,

I am not a Nuendo Expert, so I can`t say how deeply Nuendo 10 is integrated, but it mapped nicely to my S6 when testing it.
Old 06-02-2019, 12:02 PM

did you try with N10, I know previous version works but nit sure about 10
Old 06-02-2019, 02:36 PM
Avid

Yes N10 should work the same as the previous versions.
Old 06-04-2019, 12:23 PM

I tried it with N10 and all seemed fine
Old 06-14-2019, 12:54 AM

How many features does the Nuendo Eucon integration lack compared to PT?

Envoyé de mon LYA-L29 en utilisant Tapatalk

The studio FB page
Old 02-12-2020, 08:01 AM

I don't have much experience using in Nuendo, mostly just Pro Tools. I have only done a few shows but hopefully will update as I learn more. Initially though panning shows up in strange places on the know (the second knob down), the VCA spills don't seem to be working at least not like Pro Tools with the settings. I can't get them into spill zones and not spilling when attentioning like the preference does in Pro Tools. I need to run through Nuendo because the monitoring section is so much more comprehesive and the PFL/AFL does what I would expect (unlike Pro Tools). Plus I can throw in plug-ins while recording. I am hoping there is a way to map the solo's to the listen button and to never have to use the solo buttons at all.

On a better note there are actually some features that are specific to Nuendo like the quick controls that don't do anything for Pro Tools. You can also use the quick access knob to assign to just about any parameter that doesn't work in Pro Tools like that. The buttons around the wheel apply more to Nuendo than they do to Pro Tools.

Last edited by skilletaudio; 02-12-2020 at 08:28 AM.
Old 02-13-2020, 04:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
Yes N10 should work the same as the previous versions.
Hi Eddie,

can you please verify if these issues / bugs from the Artist Mix Series / Avid S1 also apply to the S6 in combination with Nuendo?

1) first of all (and for me the biggest one): hidden tracks in the Nuendo Mixer are still visible / available in the Avid control app / on the S1

2) Nuendo doesn't follow scrolling in the Avid control app / nudging or banking on the S1, I think this should be the case to achieve useful navigation in the session when combining Nuendo with the app and the controller

3) the track switch keys on the bottom of the S1 don't work initially, allthough I didn't try to programm them with soft keys - DOESN'T MATTER ON THE S6

4) if you open a plugin via the S1, it opens in Nuendo, but when you close it on the S1 (using the "back" button) it is not closing in Nuendo and remains on the screen

Thanks in advance,
cheers
Old 02-13-2020, 11:14 AM
Avid

1. Is On Steinberg and I have asked then to do this work. Please post on their forums as the more the better
2. Same as above
3. Not sure there were any Nuendo softkeys by default...did they work once programed ?
4. Sounds like our bug...I'll pass on to software team.
Old 02-14-2020, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
1. Is On Steinberg and I have asked then to do this work. Please post on their forums as the more the better
2. Same as above
3. Not sure there were any Nuendo softkeys by default...did they work once programed ?
4. Sounds like our bug...I'll pass on to software team.
Hi Eddie,
thank you so much for the fast reply!
1) and 2) are "known" by Steinberg for years now... see this post https://www.steinberg.net/forums/vie...40&hilit=eucon

unfortunately nothing changed. So in this post they mentioned that they already implemented the solution but can't deliver it on the actual EuCon adapter (so they play the ball back to Avid, this was in 2016!). So what is the actual state of affairs? Can you guys (Avid & Steinberg) please get in touch with each other and get things sorted? These bugs are essential ones which make your controllers usable, ir like it is know, nearly unusable in combination with Steinberg DAWs.
fyi: I already contacted Stenberg Support and the assured me, that they are (will be) aware of these issues.

3) the Track color softkeys work if they are programmed. But for example, when I program the labeld "Alt" softkey with the key command "Alt +" then it is applied, but it doesn't work like the "Alt" key on my keyboard. When it is pressed down and hold, it doesn't hold the "Alt" function... so in the EuControl panel in the Soft Key Command Editor, you can select "Repeat..." but it should also have the function "hold", or am I wrong?

Thanks for the bug-fix in the Avid control app "Display breaks on track color"!

all the best and cheers