Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2018

Old 12-08-2018, 02:49 PM

Default upgraded to 2018 / velocity expression on NI kontrol keyboard super quiet in PT

had to reinstall everything from scratch to new computer..
I have the Komplete Kontrol S88... inside their software (Komplete Kontrol) you can set the velocity expression.. which I did.. so I don't have to press it so hard just to hear a decent velocity note. But when I get out of that program and open Pro Tools, the keyboard is super quiet again. It isn't retaining the settings of expression from the Kontrol software. I used the grand piano plugin every day and know its default feeling.. and I'm having to slam the keys hard just to make a decent sound. Does PT 2018 have any internal / thru / velocity expression settings? I had this working fine with this same setup in PT 12, but can't for the life of me figure out what I'm missing in PT 2018.

Thank you.
Old 12-10-2018, 02:26 PM

Default Re: upgraded to 2018 / velocity expression on NI kontrol keyboard super quiet in PT

ahh - found the solution - you have to use the standalone controller editor software, highlight the keys and change it to "soft 3" and this fixes the problem.. not very intuitive, but it works.