Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2011, 10:44 PM

Default Re: Problem Installing my 11R Expansion

Quote:
Originally Posted by pezshreds View Post
Thanks Daryl

The only number I can seem to find is the American number, but the support page is very confusing to navigate, so if you could possibly help out and provide a number to contact that would be amazing.

In regards to installing the new system, I re-installed my OS about 2-3 months ago, but I purchased the add-on yesterday night, so there shouldn't be any change from then for the system ID.
I'm unsure about internet explorer 9, I'll definitely check when I get home to see if it is installed and uninstall if required.
Will give you guys an update when I get home to see if anything has changed.
Thanks Daryl
Cheers Guys
-Pez
I'll admit to being confused who has what problem when and where because folks are not explaining stuff clearly. And piling onto another thread often does not help unless they are really sure they are the same problem.

But if you have not reinstalled the OS since you got the expansion pack and/or this has been failing from the first use or the error message does not talk about activation limits being exceeded. Then there is no way this is related to what I mentioned with the install only working from one machine.

And again I do not believe that IE9 should not cause an error about invalid registration numbers etc. it should hang or have other errors.

What *exactly* is the error message you are seeing?

I'm not surprised you cannot find stuff, on support contacts. Neither can I One page I find is dated 2005 and points Australia users to Singapore support: +65 6476 7666 . Other pages (set the location pull down to Australia) for Australia contacts don't mention Singapore and only Japan: +81-3-3505-7963 but there is a general phone number for Australia you could call to see where to get support. Sigh. This is no way to run a company -- Avid's web site is an embarrassment, a cesspool of dead information, circular links, far too deeply nested content, confusing/poorly designed navigation, poor coverage for international customers etc. I cannot fathom why Avid management have not fixed this by now.

I would also hope that Avid products ship in Australia and other countries with clear info on where/how to contact support. Was that not included in the box?

I'll also point out that if folks do have hardware problems with their Eleven Racks they may end up with them services/replaced by Techshops (http://www.techshops.com.au/). I have no idea if you can contact Techshops directly for hardware warranty repairs or need to work through Avid support but you can always try to call and ask - folks from oz on here may know. I'm pretty sure they won't want to hear about software activation problems however.

Darryl (slightly peeved Aussie expat)
Old 07-26-2011, 11:25 PM

Yeah mate the website is a joke.
Spent about 2 hours last night on my computer trying not to smash my gear haha. So frustrating!
The reason I replied to this thread was it sounds like having the same issue as myself. I don't believe it's anything to do with reinstalling my OS, but I thought I'd suggest that anyway.
There is no error code or anything, it's just saying "SystemId Entered does not match the SystemId on record for this Serial" I have tried restarting PC, restarting the 11r, restarting the PC and 11r, all with the same result. Tried redownloading the patch, no luck.
I wish they had some form of online support that doesn't cost money, considering how much we all spend on avid, whether it be their software or hardware. Rather than me having to get up at some stupid hour of the morning to call them internationally -.-
But terrible support aside, I'll try everything I can to get the expansion working tonight and hopefully I can give you guys having issues an update, otherwise I'll have to bite the bullet and call tech support.
Thanks so much for your replies Darryl (realized I spelt your name wrong last post!)
-Pez
Old 07-27-2011, 09:54 AM

I purchased the expansion pack last night and have the same issue... receiving the "SystemId Entered does not match the SystemId on record for this Serial" message.

I have a case open with Avid support and I checked in today. They told me they are have a major issue and are working vigorously to fix. They could not give me a timeline though.... I hope it's soon!
Old 07-27-2011, 10:04 AM
Avid

We are indeed having a problem with the license server and are working to get it resolved as quickly as possible. We'll post again when any new information is available.
Old 07-27-2011, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
We are indeed having a problem with the license server and are working to get it resolved as quickly as possible. We'll post again when any new information is available.
Yeh! Thanks Bobasolo and DTS for that.

DTS - could you please push inside Avid on getting better international support contact information on the Avid web site. It is a confusing mess what number/country to call for what in some countries. Australia being a good example.

Darryl
Old 07-27-2011, 12:44 PM

Hey Darryl... no problem... best of luck to you!
Old 07-27-2011, 06:08 PM

Well at least it sounds like a problem that will be resolved soon, bit unfortunate but still looking forward to the resolution!
At least I don't have to keep trying different things and failing haha, will be a lot less frustration.
And +1 to Darryl's comment. Better service numbers for Australia and New Zealand would be fantastic.
Hopefully this issue doesn't last too long.
Cheers guys
-Pez
Old 07-28-2011, 08:08 AM

So we just have to sit tight until avid sort this out? Slightly annoying......
Old 07-29-2011, 01:11 AM
Avid

This should be resolved as of Thursday at 11a.m. PST.

Thanks for your patience!
Old 07-29-2011, 01:38 AM

Thanks tech support
I'm sure it's going to be a long few days waiting for that day lol
-Pez