Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > FireWire & USB Audio Interfaces (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-14-2014, 01:42 AM

Default Noise and pops when recording w Fast Track Ultra

I'm using a Fast Track Ultra with the lastest Win 8 drivers and DAW cubase 7 (64-bit). The card works great with Cubase, VSTi and the latency i quite low and the drivers are stable for playback and recording VSTi synths.

But when I record (synths, mic) through the Fast Track Ultra inputs I can hear som noise and pops in the recording. It's not so loud but you can definitely hear it. It doesn't matter what input port I'm using the noise/pops are there.

I tried to change the buffer size but it makes no difference. I also tried to change the USB-cable and USB-port. No success.

Any ideas?
Old 04-14-2014, 05:24 AM

Default Re: Noise and pops when recording w Fast Track Ultra

Well...I will answer my own question. I did alot of "google research" and now my problem is solved.

I did two things to make the recording issue go away:

1) Reinstalled the drivers and actually downgraded to the second newest driver (6.1.8).
2) Removed my USB wifi adapter and plugged in a newer one. I think that this was the actual problem.

Anyway. Now everyting is working great...
Old 12-14-2016, 01:31 PM

Default Re: Noise and pops when recording w Fast Track Ultra

Just stopping by here again...
After my last post I was actually still having problems with jitter och some drop outs. Turns out it was one of my synths causing a ground-loop disturbing the USB interface - I had too many synths on one socket (I think). I just moved the cable to another wall socket...problem solved...quiet...works great on win 10...