Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-01-2012, 05:17 AM

Default Snapshot/plugin recall issue

I have the standalone software V3.0.0.315 installed on Windows 7

Software device setup for Venue profile console

I am new to this software and apart from an issue with plugin recall in snapshots everything else is making sense.

As an example of my issue
Snapshot 1 no plug ins
Snapshot 2 plug in Smack comp insert 1 on Ch1
Snapshot 3 plug in Bombfactory insert 1 on Ch1

The plug ins have been added in the midi/plugin window and scope is all

If I recall say snapshot 2 smack comp is present in Ch1 insert recall snapshot 3 bombfactory is present in Ch1 insert.However if I then recall snapshot 1 from either 2 or 3 the plug in from the previous recall is still there even though snapshot 1 has been saved with no plugins and none are showing in the midi/plugin pane.

Recall 2 or 3 and the correct plugin for that snapshot is present

I want to use the snapshots for a multiband bill where each BE may want use different plugins

There must be something I am missing here !

Last edited by Realdon; 05-01-2012 at 05:19 AM. Reason: update
Old 05-01-2012, 09:26 AM

Default Re: Snapshot/plugin recall issue

Did you save the plug-ins in snapshot 1 with no routing? You should save the bombfactory an smack only not routed.
Old 05-01-2012, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realdon View Post
I have the standalone software V3.0.0.315 installed on Windows 7

Software device setup for Venue profile console

I am new to this software and apart from an issue with plugin recall in snapshots everything else is making sense.

As an example of my issue
Snapshot 1 no plug ins
Snapshot 2 plug in Smack comp insert 1 on Ch1
Snapshot 3 plug in Bombfactory insert 1 on Ch1

The plug ins have been added in the midi/plugin window and scope is all

If I recall say snapshot 2 smack comp is present in Ch1 insert recall snapshot 3 bombfactory is present in Ch1 insert.However if I then recall snapshot 1 from either 2 or 3 the plug in from the previous recall is still there even though snapshot 1 has been saved with no plugins and none are showing in the midi/plugin pane.

Recall 2 or 3 and the correct plugin for that snapshot is present

I want to use the snapshots for a multiband bill where each BE may want use different plugins

There must be something I am missing here !
In short, try to avoid using snapshots for different bands, it'l not do you good. If you save them as shows instead you can move channel layout around as you wish and if your basic setup is similar for all the shows it will still load pretty quick.
Old 05-01-2012, 12:34 PM

Vikingthor thanks. No Plugins were routed in snapshot 1

Digidesigner Yes, I have come to the same conclusion. Was trying to get around
loss of audio when reloading files. We will use a separate console for MC, DJ and VT playback and output this and the Profile into a standalone matrix so I can take the Profile off line while loading files.

I think change over times will be a minimum of 20 mins and the band line ups are very different towards the top of the bill. Just want to dial it all up in advance. 2nd top bill are running 42 lines to FOH !!

Last edited by Realdon; 05-01-2012 at 12:35 PM. Reason: layout
Old 05-01-2012, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realdon View Post
We will use a separate console for MC, DJ and VT playback and output this and the Profile into a standalone matrix so I can take the Profile off line while loading files.

I think change over times will be a minimum of 20 mins and the band line ups are very different towards the top of the bill. Just want to dial it all up in advance. 2nd top bill are running 42 lines to FOH !!
Yes, that would be the way to go, easiest would be if your speaker management system has A, B and possibly C inputs. And then there is alway that nice little Behringer desk that you can use to sum all the stuff together

Also, if you are not mixing all the bands some might show up with showfiles and that would mess up your Snapshots-plan anyway.
Old 05-01-2012, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by digidesigner View Post
Yes, that would be the way to go, easiest would be if your speaker management system has A, B and possibly C inputs. And then there is alway that nice little Behringer desk that you can use to sum all the stuff together

Also, if you are not mixing all the bands some might show up with showfiles and that would mess up your Snapshots-plan anyway.
Damm! the behringers out on another job but there might be a LS9, Galileo or Midas XL88 kickin about