Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-25-2010, 06:05 PM

Question missing click plugin

my click track won't work... i can add a click track but there's nothing on its inserts.. the click plugin is missing.. does anyone know where to find it??? thanks in advance
Old 11-25-2010, 09:02 PM

Default Re: missing click plugin

So when you go to the TRACK menu and select create click track, the track appears with no click plugin? And you are selecting to view inserts A thru E?(I expect so as this is done by default). You may find it under the OTHER category of RTAS plugins. You need to have the little metronome button ON(in the transport window) or the click doesn't make any sound. Got me scratching MY head

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 11-25-2010, 09:30 PM

Also, make sure that Click.dpm and Click.dp,.rsr are located in your plugin folder; c\program files(x86)\common files\digidesign\plugins\
What I found when I got there,
was that I couldn't stay away!

Hobo Shave!
Old 11-25-2010, 10:25 PM

Default freezing during install and missing plugins

hey thanks for the help... well i uninstalled protools and installed it again... and now the click track works.. but other things are missing.. like the Xpand2 instrument plugin and other plugins like airreverb etc... aaahh i think there's something wrong with my computer tho because it keeps crashing during installation.. the first time it worked perfectly fine.. but I uninstalled it (because protools suddenly stopped seeing the mbox ) and re-installed it .. and it didn't make it all the way through (which would be why the stuff is screwy i suppose) .. I've tried re-installing it 2 or 3 times, and it seems to always freeze. Must be my computer? although it worked perfectly fine the first time.. any thoughts? Thanks!!
Old 11-26-2010, 07:52 AM

Default Re: freezing during install and missing plugins

Quote:
Originally Posted by muso90 View Post
hey thanks for the help... well i uninstalled protools and installed it again... and now the click track works.. but other things are missing.. like the Xpand2 instrument plugin and other plugins like airreverb etc... aaahh i think there's something wrong with my computer tho because it keeps crashing during installation.. the first time it worked perfectly fine.. but I uninstalled it (because protools suddenly stopped seeing the mbox ) and re-installed it .. and it didn't make it all the way through (which would be why the stuff is screwy i suppose) .. I've tried re-installing it 2 or 3 times, and it seems to always freeze. Must be my computer? although it worked perfectly fine the first time.. any thoughts? Thanks!!

If I were you I would format the drive and repartition it, then start again from the very begining. Install Win 7 first and update and make sure everything is functioning normally. Tweak Win7 for PT, ( look around the DUC for the tweaks). Once this is done and everything is ready for install, MAKE A IMAGE of your Win 7 drive using Acronis or something similar. (and be sure to save that image to a different hard drive).

Next, full install of PT9. Make another image.
Next, Install your major updated plugs. Make another image.. (see a trend here?).
Next Install your 'second-tier' plugs.. (everything that may be problematic or not updatable). Make another image.

The point of all of these images is it takes roughly 15 minutes or so to go from a bad setup to a known working good setup instead of doing everything over again.

If you learn nothing from ProTools, learn this.. MAKE IMAGES! often.

Ideally, have a harddrive specifically for images and backups. Once you finish making your images, remove the hd and store it safely until you update or need a image to restore.

Trust me, this is important.

Good luck.
What I found when I got there,
was that I couldn't stay away!

Hobo Shave!
Old 11-26-2010, 08:00 AM

+1 for images, but back to the missing plugins, look in the Plugins(unused) folder. If you see the missing plugins there, copy/paste to the plugins folder(do this with Pro Tools closed). Re-open a session and test. Sometimes certain plugins will get placed in the unused folder(maybe depending on if hardware is see or not during the install). No one really knows why, but they might be sitting there

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 09-08-2012, 08:17 AM

Dear PT folks,

So I have been intermittently been working for 3-4 months to get my Pro Tools 10 working, and I am very close. Program now opens, is installed in the right place in the computer, got an M-Audio C600 box that talks to the program effortlessly, got a great microphone, and have been able to record.

Trouble is, I can't get a click track.

I followed the instructions in the Intro to Pro Tools booklet, and what they say will happen doesn't happen. I can create a click track, but then when I attempt to find the Click Plug-in, I can't find it. Yes, I am clicking at the Insert A-E area, but there is no Click option. Yesterday, I went back to the installation cd and downloaded the virtual instruments, since I read somewhere on-line that the click is a virtual instruments. Since then, there are actual plug-ins available when I click on Insert A-E, but none of them are click tracks. I followed what danader11 said and looked for the Click plug-in in my plug-in folders, and there isn't one.

So it looks like there just isn't a Click Plug-in in my Pro Tools.

I suppose I could record a metronome, though that seems a little ridiculous. Although I've dealt with a lot of ridiculous recently, so maybe I just need to bite the bullet and go for it.

Any other ideas?

Thanks a million,
Conrad.
Old 09-08-2012, 08:19 AM

P.S. I also looked in the Unused Plug-ins folder, and it isn't there either.
Old 01-05-2017, 08:30 PM

I know this is old threads, but did how do you resolved this issue?, I'm currently having the same issue, Please let me know.

Thanks