Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-2006, 09:43 PM

Default Re: In Favor of Bringing Back the Old Digi Website

Yes the new site sucks. I miss the Old site It worked great, this one has too much flash junk...
Old 07-07-2006, 11:03 PM

My guess is the web developers are either corporate employees at Avid HQ who do all the Avid related web sites...or Avid Marketing bid out the job and took the company with the cheapest quote.

My next assumption is that Marketing is reading this thread and that the rest of the Digi employees (programmers, tech support, etc.) are saying the same thing as we are. Marketing has probably already talked about this topic internally in their weekly meetings and someone has an action item to contact the developers and discuss changes. If the job was bid outside of Avid then I'm guessing that Digi already signed off and approved the design we all hate and will have to spend more money to have the developer create an HTML version or make changes to the existing Flash site.

I admit, the initial impression of the new site is not user-friendly at all. It has a cool-factor to it, but this is the wrong market to have a web site like this. It should be simple, dummy-proof, and get users to the product info in the first 3 seconds. Anything beyond this will cause abandoned visitors (meaning they get frustrated and go to another site instead).

If there is one thing Digi should definitely change its the angled menus. Who in their right mind approved this and signed off on it?
Old 07-10-2006, 07:09 AM

An official response from Digi would be great.
Old 07-10-2006, 11:05 AM

The new site is annoying.

Please change it.
Old 07-10-2006, 07:51 PM

Just curious.. Do any Digidesign employees (other than the website designers) actually like this new site?
Old 07-18-2006, 10:27 AM

Hello. I noticed the other day that at the bottom of the new website there is a link called Website Requirements . Once you click on that there is a different link for Website Feedback . Here is our chance. Let them know what we think of it. By the way, for those expecting Digidesign employees to come in here and directly criticize the website, I dare say you will wait for quite a while before that happens.
Old 07-19-2006, 06:49 AM

digi, please do SOMETHING about this.
Old 07-19-2006, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Hello. I noticed the other day that at the bottom of the new website there is a link called Website Requirements . Once you click on that there is a different link for Website Feedback . Here is our chance. Let them know what we think of it. By the way, for those expecting Digidesign employees to come in here and directly criticize the website, I dare say you will wait for quite a while before that happens.
I contacted them, I'll let you guys know if I get a reply. This is what I wrote:

If you read the following thread http://duc.digidesign.com/showflat.p...7&fpart=1&vc=1 you will find that many of your high end users are having problems with the new site. Please post some kind of oficial reply there so we can at least have an idea if any changes are being made.
Thank you
Steven Crowley
Old 07-19-2006, 11:49 AM

The "Website Requirements" page you note says:

Quote:
Monitor Settings
Our site is best viewed when minimum screen resolution is set to 1024x768. If your settings are below 1024x768, you may encounter additional scroll bars.
Digi's site could not have been designed with a height of 768 pixels remotely in mind. The long pages are a real drag on a PowerBook.

j
Old 07-27-2006, 08:41 AM

I just went looking for upgrade information in the FAQ, and while I could find topics, I could not get to any information in either Safari or IE. The new website does not work. I guess Digi won't be getting any more money from me until they fix it.

Of course I eventually found the info through the Digistore, but that doesn't negate the fact that the site is not functioning.